1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/12/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. high5

high5 Member

The same thing bothers me also.

However, I don't share your overachieving view of the Rockets.

Our role-players have shown they can be relied on and you have to give them credit. As well as JVG.

2. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

This game just proved to me what i had suspected all along. battier has the potential to be a 20 points player in this league. he has every tool possible to be a borderline Star player. Battier> Richard Jefferson.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Right and wrong. I also believe we will struggle eventually because Deke and Juwan will not be able to maintain how they are playing now. They are just too old to keep it up. We could be gasping for wins by the time Yao gets back. Hopefully a trade will happen soon and that will give us a spark. The main key to winning games right now is the defense. If we keep that up, we should be OK.

On the game to game stuff, a lot of high volume posters yoyo their emotions from game to game. Most people here are more cool-headed. I think the game to game emotions are hilarious. Just wait till our next 2 or 3 game losing streak. How much you wanna bet it goes from "JVG is a great coach" to "Fire Gundy?"

Oh yeah, go back to the Raptors forums! ;)

4. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I only have one question:
    who the hell is Rudy Gay?....

5. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

LOL go back to the raptor's forum, we don't need to hear your expert horsesheit

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I Cant include what I dont have.

My vids are from FSN, not from ESPN.

whenever given a choice, I always record the local guys..their coverage of the ROckets is MUCH more extensive than the nationals (TNT,ESPN)

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

of course we're overachieving. we're winning and our best player is hurt.

when he gets back..and we continue we winning...we will no longer be overachieving.

this team is developing a "get it done" chemistry. finding ways to win each night. that's remarkable. i think we have reason to be excited. we certainly have reason to enjoy the ride.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, I say this..

and you respond with this below.

We ain't talking about him being OFF during the game, we are talking about him not having the CONCENTRATION levels at the FREE THROW LINE !!!!

Where you know...he is WIDE OPEN from 15 feet????? Or was Denver's free throw defense just too good?

Tmac is not a killer...not a player that plays with passion every night, the fact is he does NOT bring it every single night. Which in my opinion, makes him less than what he could be.

And the team follows his lead, when he plays passive the team follows.

There is a reason he has not led a team out of the first round of the playoffs.....or that he was happy to defer to Yao at the beginning of this year...

Tmac is an incredibly gifted player.....but he lacks that killer instinct....which, IMHO, makes him prone to being mentally weak during some games. Where he seems disinterested.

But whatever you continue to follow me around trying to pick a fight and proving that you know how to misinterpet posts again and again.

DD

#668 DaDakota, Jan 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  9. DaDakota

TMAC said it was mental....HE SAID IT....not me.

And, as I said the TEAM was mentally weak, and unprepared last night......they were not ready to play.....outside of Shane Battier who saved the game for the Rockets.

He plays with passion each and every game, the rest of the team...not so much.

But a win is a win...and Tmac passed the ball great.......Shane was amazing, and the rest of the role players did just enough.

DD

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

We won. Battier is the man. I love that guy

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

so shaq is mentally weak??? :confused:

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

geeez..... did you complain the entire playoffs when the rockets struggled but amazingly made it to the finals from a 6th seed. did you complain all playoffs that the rockets caused they're own problems because they should have won more game and if they blew the chance at a b2b then they had no one else to blame but themselves. Did you say by their season record(seed) the team was mentally week compared to the previous years championship team.

i would understand you, maybe agree, if you way say "hey the rockets won but we need to work on some glaring problems" instead you say "the team is mentally weak, we have no pg, jvg can't coach rooks, etc... BUT we won"

the glass half full side, try it. it's less depressing than the other side.

13. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

How about my boy Shane, last night? Led the team with 25 points and 7 rebounds, and those big threes just kept coming! I love it! :D

That was a fun game to watch! Please gang, remember to VOTE BATTIER! (He slipped from fourth to fifth at his position in the most recent voting returns, so please VOTE BATTIER! Thank you.)

BattiersBaby.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Spot on. A good example was a play where Tracy was doubled on the perimeter in the corner, and after making several moves, teasing the defenders, holding the ball behind him with one hand, like he does, he exploded towards the basket. The double team moves to cut him off, he attracts the attention of everyone else, and zips a very difficult pass to Deke under the basket for the easy dunk. Deke scoring was easy. McGrady getting him the ball was something very few players could have done.

15. DaDakota

Hell yes...he is...it is unprofessional for that guy to not be at least competent at the Free throw line.

DD

16. DaDakota

Fair enough comment, I just think things like this can become bigger if not addressed, believe me, I am ecstatic that we won, but we are falling out of home court, and other than that one miraculous run, home court means a TON in the playoffs.

DD

17. bgismh

bgismh Member

I think him playing one on one with Carmelo makes him think he's a badass. I can imagine Carmelo pumping JR's ego up making him think he's a superstar. After JR blocked Head's layup attempt from behind he tried to stare Head down but Head did'nt even pay attention to him. What a punk.

18. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I am really disappointed with Tmac's level of energy last night and his mental funk, but the plays he made were nice.

Anybody who argues that he shouldn't pass the ball to open teammates when doubled is wrong.

If you don't trust your teammates, they're not going to trust you. If he's not going to pass the ball when he's struggling when should he make plays for them? That was smart.

We know Tmac can play at a high level. We need to learn that about the role players as well.

When Shane plays in the playoffs he will look back on this game to give him confidence to shoot even when he's struggling.

Tmac will step up in the playoffs. We need to have that team spirit that will alow role players to step up in the playoffs too.

Tmac has been in pressure situations needing to score at the end of games throughout his career. The mark of a great player is making his teammates feel like they can be the "man".

I know Tmac has struggled mightily to shoot the last 2 games, but he had 12 and 11 assists. Doesn't Nash get praised for doing that?

Isn't Tmac's greatness the fact that he can be Jordan on one night and if he's struggling he can revert to being Nash?

How many players in this league are still effective if they are struggling?

#678 macfan, Jan 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, that one play were AI schooled Rafer is SICK! Took him right to the rim. WOW>

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

I caught this as well. Looked like he was about to kill one of our Rockets. Another Eddie Griffin trouble-maker if you ask me.