1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/12/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

TMAC 8/23 from Charirty Stripe last 4 games

:eek:

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

PDX-SMF is a lot shorter flight.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He said at half time that it was fine but that it was mental and he would heat up in the 2nd half.

Tmac has to get over worrying about his back.....if it goes out, it goes out....but he can't play scared.

DD

4. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

C'mon - Iverson only hit his average. After going 4/5, odds are that it was going to come down. That's not my definition of doing anything spectacular defensively. Hey I'm glad Rafer did what he could defensively but that's a bit too much credit in my book.

5. Impper

Impper Contributing Member

Has anybody ever figured out why dakota signs all of his posts? It's getting old

6. DaDakota

Then Denver to Sac? Both of them should be around an hour or under an hour...can't be that much of a difference....

DD

7. DaDakota

No, I can't figure it out, hmmm...let me ask him.

:D

DD

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Battier was clearly the difference. A very poor game for the Rockets overall. TMac just didn't look like he wanted to play. No intensity, to energy. The whole team looked flat. Battier made the critical plays in the fourth, credit him with the win. Alston continues to be painful to watch. But this is the kind of game the Rockets have usually lost in past years. Pretty or ugly, the wins keep coming.

9. DaDakota

So true, and the only difference in this year's team is Battier...he is a HUGE difference maker....

We are not only surviving without Yao we are thriving.....

DD

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i can't dissagree there. my only complaint was that he didn't just seem passive... i don't remember him driving the ball to the rim once tonight...

i don't mind the passing. as you said, it's a good thing. i mind him playing like a PG (not particularly looking for his shot) instead of an unselfish scoring threat (drive and kick). at least that way you might be able to score a bit too.

but who cares? we're all in a good mood, and the game couldn't have gone better because a win is a win. right?

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this game proves what a great trade CD amde on draft night....

12. johnrox

johnrox Member

yeah you know hy? TO's KILL them in the final minutes. thank goodness for people like battier who play super IQ bball. defense and offense. and dude started turning it on at the beginning of the 4th quarter, knew he had to do something. there was one possession early where he took it strong to the whole but nothing resulted, as far as points, but man he was the only guy who seemed like he was ready to play all night.

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Is McGrady still suffering from his damaged back, or possibly is he playing while he is ill? I ask because suddenly McGrady who was playing like we all know he can play, is now playing a completely different game--something must be wrong??

14. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Great win, what a way to start my weekend. That is now two close games that the Rockets have won. It seems like this team is turning the corner and has learned how to win these close games.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I saw him being doubled on the perimeter consistently... always somebody in front of him on the THREE POINT LINE. Its rare to see a team commit to doing that the entire game, but Karl denied T-mac all night (kinda like he used to do with Hakeem).

Now, could he have tapped back into his super-human days and take on the double team, spin through the lane, be acrobatic, and toss-up layups D-wade style? Maybe... but he tried to find an easier way (exploit the double team, and find the open man)... and it ended up working.

I agree... I'd much rather have T-mac scoring 30, along with the great passes... but if a team is this vehement in denying him the lane, I don't think he's gonna try and do all of that just to get his points.

He's gonna do whatever it takes to win... and having trust that his teammates can hit wide open shots is a huge part of that.

16. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

after this game I have to admit I was misleading by 7-2. Man, this team badly needs YAO back to the court.
    It's totally non-sense for this team to have 7-2, a team only take 3-pointer and long range jumpers. Of course with great defense and fewer TOs.
    Ohh, Yes, few TOs and more freedom inside, ESPN is a joke! no one can attack the hoop and only take jumpers, of course you have less TO and MORE ROOM inside!

17. Prosun

Prosun Member

It's all about the win. It doesn't matter how it's done. If they double T-Mac, there's no reason why he should have to force up a tough shot. Actually, T-Mac can pretend to be Jason Kidd. Jason Kidd cannot pretend to be T-Mac.

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

To tell you the truth, we had no business winning this game. We looked awful. I guess winning games you have business winning is what happens though when you're a WINNER.

19. akuma

akuma Member

Artest is almost like a double team.

20. LFE171

LFE171 Member

True. This game proves we can close a game or two without yao. We're on that "cusp" of elitism.