1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/12/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sure tmac was a great decoy tonight. that's what allowed shane to score most of his points.

my problem with that, is that tmac should never have to be a decoy. we needed him to step up and lead the team with points, not pretend to be jason kidd.

late in the game when tmac decided to shoot us out of a win, it was shane's hustle and defense that turned around the game.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dwight Howard couldn't hit his free throws otherwise they would have beaten the Lakers.

DD

3. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

dude, if they hadn't put multiple coverage on him, tmac wouldnt have had to work as hard, and he would have killed them. he's not a superstar for nothing. and im sure the scouts are watching him all the time, and they probably know more about him than you or me. the point is, karl wanted the role players to beat him, which is usually a good strategy when facing a star of tmac's magnitude, but in this case our guys stepped up. and its encouraging because they have been stepping up a LOT lately.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Lets win again tomorrow :cool: T-mac WILL be back tomorrow, I promise!

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did you see Ray Allen's boxscore: 54 points, 8-12 from long range and 10 rebounds. I'm glad he nuked the Jazz and not us a few days ago.

6. johnrox

johnrox Member

i don't know if it was confidence. tmac couldn't hit a thing tonight. it was more like default. but since karl loved double teamin him, and battier was there all freaking night, hell, if we were tmac, we would be passing to him too

7. teetime

teetime Member

Ugly win , but we'll take it.

Rafer, for the love of god, stop taking those illed shots (1st quarter) and when you drive to the basket fake like you will put that sad teardrop, but pass it out for easy assists :rolleyes:

Tracy, rough night.. need to spend more time practicing free throw.
    Deke, solid game , nothing new here
    Lutha, another good night coming off the bench
    Juan , steady again
    Lucas , play well of the bench .. solid minutes.
    Chuck , non existent tonight.

Finally Shane!! came through for us. I'm liking him more each day :cool:

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I dunno... I've seen enough of T-mac to know that if he gets a couple off good looks in a row, he has a good chance of becoming unconcious... even if its the 4th quarter.

Monday's Chicago game was a perfect example of that (Skiles woke him up by putting Hinrich on him).

The hardest thing for T-mac to accomplish right now is getting into a good rhythm without taking tons of shots (which he knows is bad for the team). Yao being here simplifies that big-time... but when teams decide that they don't want T-mac to beat them scoring, he now defers more than ever to his teammates.

I do agree... Karl was stupid... but I'm sure he didn't tell his team to leave Battier wide open.

9. johnrox

johnrox Member

he damn near did nuke us, he went ballistic in the 4th

10. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

francis 4 prez, i agree with you though that karl should have switched it up when he saw that tmac was off. but maybe he was afraid tmac would get into a rhythm if he did, because he DID knock down a couple of shots when he wasnt swarmed. but i guess we'll never know.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

tmac was playing a smart game but i would rather him be in attack mode rather than jason kidd mode. i know he's worried about his back, and a win is a win. so who am i to complain about how it gets done?

the game wouldn't have been close if the team could hit better than 16-28 at the FT line. or maybe if they decided to play a bit harder as you were saying all game. the rebounding difference proves your point there.

2 very good things came out of this:

1. a win, obviously.
    2. they should have plenty of energy for a very winable game tomorrow.

12. blender

blender Member

Oof, you're right. According to Yahoo:

T-Mac: 2-9
    Rest of the team: 14-19

Head was the only other guy to miss more than one free throw (2-4).

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I dunno... have we lost a game when T-mac goes off on the assists? (probably not... since most of his assists lead to wide open 3's... and when we hit 3's, we win games).

I'd rather him make the open pass EVERY SINGLE TIME, then try to take on 3 guys at once and hit ridiculous degree of difficulty shots (which he can do... but doesn't mean its good for the team).

T-Mac has done the attack/score at will thing his entire career... and this team's talent without Yao rivals the bad team he had in Orlando. But, the defense is better, and the game plan is better, and he recognizes that... and plays WITHIN himself.

Sometimes, it seems passive (especially if we're losing, or not hitting shots)... but when we win, it looks damn smart.

14. johnrox

johnrox Member

there was one shot where tmac was left WIDE open in the 4th, and of course he made it. there wasn't a guy 5 feet in front of him. next couple of possesions they made sure to stick on him. yeah, tmac is dangerous whenever, noone ever knows when he's going to set the world on firnever ever let the best person on the floor beat you. and that is always clearly tmac

15. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

someone make a gay-battier trade revisited thread please

16. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

Its hard to tell because Tmac can light it up all of a sudden, like the 4th qtr against Chicago. Everything was dropping for him, and he carried us to a W.

17. johnrox

johnrox Member

battier made a lot of good friends in rocket land tonite

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sacremento played AT Portland tonight so both teams are traveling...no advantage there.

:D

DD

19. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

It looks more like his back is acting up again.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

T-mac should face a much easier defense tommorow... the Kings don't have a big man, period, to shut down the lane.