1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 11/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2019.

1. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Why MDA starts to look like McFail to me now...

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Yeah, I didn't realize till Nook wrote it upthread, but losing Paul probably really hurt this team defensively.

I also realize that they sucked last year around this time, but there's no 'Melo to blame it on now.

I really don't care where blame can be allocated; I want them to care that they're this bad on defense and rebounding. And then go fix that *hit.

vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Harden doesn’t need to do it though this season. That’s where the issue comes from.

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

It’s true though. A lot of teams tend to shoot well in the beginning of the season, especially players with young legs. They regress to the mean as the season progresses..

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We may be witnessing one of the worst defenses in recent NBA history. This is an absurdly bad.

BasketMAD, jshabang and Gray_Jay like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea me too, people in here just want head's to rolll lol.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

TF was pissed that Jeff left right before you he season and then extorted TF for more money to comeback.

Morey was not happy that Jeff made limited adjustments against the Warriors so the hope was to bring in someone else GOOD to run a defense that could give more looks.

Problem was that a lame coach and limited pay scared away the top choices so we were left with Turner.

Would Morey have been fine moving on from Jeff had he known garbage ownship wouldn’t let him hire the best coach for the job? I don’t know.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Check with me in December, Harden is absolutely fine playing this way. Dude has been dominating the regular season every year, now wont be any different.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

GotGame15 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think it is horrible that a shooter, who mostly gets open shots, goes what was it...0-7? His slump is the difference right now, if he hits 40% of his open shots we are probably 5-0 right now.

hakeem94, BasketMAD, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He lost his passion. Its time for he and Maury to move on I think. I dont hate them but the whole 3 pointer thing with no defense is getting old.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Well this sucks......sigh, maybe Turner wills surprise us haha.....pleeeease.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree that Clint has been bad but Ego has been just as bad since it is his primary job to hit these shots. Hopefully, he'll break out of it soon but if not the Rockets will have a huge problem since so much salary is tied into these guys and neither guy is fulfilling their role or playing up their value.

14. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Zero chance Harden can.

BasketMAD and KelvinCato13 like this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

8 more games until we sacrifice the scapegoat and all is corrected....

BamBam likes this.
  16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I mean, show of hands, for all those who didn't watch the Bullets, whoops Wizards, game: who saw the score and thought, "Triple OT? Wow."?

This is embarrassing for them. Though, like the early 80s Nuggets, I guess it's entertaining.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Tonight was not very fun to watch. The bricks were so jarring, even via TV, that I feel like I need braces all over again to re-align my teeth.

Nook likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Danuel House is busting his ass on defense. He had at least two or three chase-down block attempts tonight and, typically, kept his man in front of him. Austin Rivers also did a good job of staying in front of his man.

The Rockets’ defensive problems aren’t entirely personnel related, though I agree they lack many great defenders. A large part of the issue is that their bad defenders don’t play with intensity for long stretches on that end of the floor. Also, the fact they can play great defense in one quarter every game proves there is an effort problem. The Rockets only lock in on that end of the floor when the situation is dire. Championship teams don’t pick and choose when they want to lock up their opponent. They come ready to do that for 48 minutes from the start of the game.

I wasn’t wrong when I said the second and third quarters had the defensive intensity of a scrimmage or an all-star game.

#838 DVauthrin, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100%

It’s not harden shooting which isn’t helping but he does other things and shifts entire defenses just by being on the court.

If Gordon was playing good ball getting 16-18ppg and hitting his wide open shots? Theirs no doubt in my mind we would be 5-0

Defense needs to get better.

This switch BS has to go we need Clint in the paint and guys up top need to fight threw screens and play hard.

jcmoon, JayGoogle and Gray_Jay like this.
  20. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

They aren't resigning MDA this offseason. He's done after this season.

lilbird20 likes this.