1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/26/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2015.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

No, I know what I'm talking about. Who didn't score over him this evening ? I heard Spud Webb is coming out of retirement to score on him. Great 3/13 on FT, 13 points and SEVEN REBOUNDS !! Oh, and 2 blocks.He didn't challenge/contest tonight...FACT.

2. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Agreed, a true MVP would have made effort on both ends. He let Aminu take his nuts tonight and he played horrible defense.

1 person likes this.
  3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Shots didn't fall for us. Basically.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Prig is turning to Dorsey for the Rox now.

He offers nothing on offense, and his defense is always terrible.

Even Johnson can't shoot, well just like Prig anyway, at least he is a much better defender.

Cut Prig's time and give it to Johnson, that's the only hope the Rox want to advance in the next round.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

It's hard to sweep a team unless they lack playoff experience (please see the Pelicans and Raptors)...Rockets go home, get some rest and will finish Dallas BBQ style

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

It was nice of the Rockets to extend the series 1 more game to give les some more ticket $$$s

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

More like an exhibition game where we were up by 25, even though we were down by double digit for real.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should have put him on Barea earlier.

Don't let guys like Barea build up momentum and confidence. Remind them of their place in this league before they go dancing around thinking they are a superstar. Same for Aminu.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Man I would kill to have a coach like Carlisle. He's singlehandedly kept this series alive by kicking Rondo off the team and starting Aminu and Barea, knowing that Aminu's hustle is a huge plus to the team and that Barea could torch Terry.

We're too good to lose this series, but it doesn't change that our head coach plays checkers while Carlisle plays chess

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

If we lost the last game and won this one, we would be totally happy with that.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...I don't disagree. Harden probably needs to have a better game.

But was he the problem? Hell no. There isn't much thought that needs to be put in this. You give up 120 points and get out rebounded by 10+, you are almost assuredly losing every single time. If it happens in Game 5, I will officially be concerned about this series.

The Rockets are at their best when they're playing intense defense and controlling the paint. To give up so many points and rebounds in consecutive games is just embarrassing, especially given the personnel we have on this team.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

JJ Barea was great in all 4 games.

McHale never think he is the problem.... SMH.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Only one problem! It's rebound! If we can control rebound, donn't worry about shooting bad

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Rockets just want to close at home, in front of the home crowd. They want to celebrate with the crowd, not have the Mavericks boo them off the court.

15. JazzLakerHater

Yeah because our players half assing it out there is all McHales fault. Give me a break man.

16. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

17. frontline94

frontline94 Member

i disagree, i like history on my side

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Lol ya you are right ,... Johnson is our only hope to advance into the next round. Nick Johnson. And the rockets are up 3 to 1 but it's nick FREAKIn Johnson that is the key. You sir are rediculous

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

James Harden never plays well being the killer attitude person I don't know why everyone wants that. He is the best when he's operating under control, he set up his team mates really well under the stretch

the last thing you want is a angry harden calling 4 flat and iso'ing every possession and then brick bad shots. you will never win that way.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

In the 4th Q, the Mavs got the ball on the fast break, and Prig was running with the ball handler, and the Mavs stopped at the elbow and Prig kept running to the second row of the stand.

That's not the first time he was playing defense like that, he used his back to defend many fast break also.