1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/26/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2015.

1. cmellon

cmellon Member

Can you imagine the headlines: Rockets make a history in playoff! That won't be good

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Carlisele so corny

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Eh. The media hasn't voted yet, right? I don't think they're just going to leave out the playoff games. The fact that GS advanced in 4 games, and Curry hit a game tying shot to send it into OT after overcoming a 20 point deficit might be enough to seal the deal.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Carlisle made some great adjustments with Barea & Aminu in the starting lineup. Those 2 guys saved their season, along with Houston's atrocious offense in the 2nd & 3rd.

Two positives: 1) even with shooting <10% from 3 at 1 point, we were still in it at 3 minutes left. Ariza & Terry need to get it going, though. 2) Looks like McHale could go earlier to Nick Johnson for D on Barea. Bring in the Jet when Harris is playing - we need somebody to stop their penetration.

Hey, even pre-Dwight Rockets won 1 against the far more talented Thunder. Let's just focus on closing this game out at home. But no more cockiness. Dallas is a good team.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Rockets in 5 is what I called it before the series began, only I thought they would win game 3.

We will kill them at home. No worries.

6. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Pablo Prigioni 0-4 and 0-4 on Threes.
    Jason Terry 1-5 and 1-4 on Threes.
    Trevor Ariza 2-10 and 0-5 on Threes.

Isaiah Canaan would have been extremely helpful tonight.

At the same time, the Dallas guards killed us.
    Monta Ellis was 13-21 and had 31 points.
    J.J. Barea was 7-15 for 17 points and 13 assists.

If we are not getting any offense from our guards, we should at least be getting some defense. Kevin McHale really needs to consider playing Nick Johnson. We won't be losing anything on offense and we may get something on defense from playing Nick Johnson.

7. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I don't get it either. We were absolutely killing it in the first quarter by attacking the basket, then we tried taking long shots (why even take long 2s? I thought moreyball was all close shots and 3s, and ive gotten behind it) and just kept missing them and thats when it got out of reach.

Both teams were scoring more times then not, so when one of those teams go cold, the other will take the lead.

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

Good wake up call. Winning one out of two on the road vs. the Mavericks? I'll take it.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

-You roll with the guys who got you that lead.

-You cant blame a rookie he came in cold played some good minutes on defense he probably just was too juiced on that layup attempt. Big moment for him to play his first playoff game

-The Mavs were not missing much and there were a lot of long rebounds. Dwight did suck from the FT Line and they went away from him in the second after the great first quarter. He needs to demand that they keep running that pick and roll to get easy buckets. The rebounding though needs to be a team effort - it seemed after that superhuman game 3 the team felt Dwight was just going to get everything you know the Mavs were going to do what they could to stop that.

-Harden didnt look too aggressive at all but he had his moments he kept setting up his teammates well actually but they couldn't knock it down. When the whole team is cold shooting the ball not much he could do. He seems to want to get others involved first because he knows he could get his at any time. Give credit to Aminu he played him well I thought. why does it have to always end up being something with him and curry? let that go

-Terry should have not done that but I like the mentality but you got to back it up on the court first

overall I thought this team came out well and took that lead and play hard in the first quarter but then when the missed shots kept compounding they just sort of gave up in that they felt they had a game 5 in their house and just let it go. That is until Josh and Brewer started going - too bad it was a bit too late. The mavs were trying to play chippy and just go out there to get under the Rockets skins. Problem was that it was an extraordinary poor shooting night as a team between quarters 2 and 3. I mean the Mavs made their run not because they played stellar defense they just got the missed shots and ran with it. The Rockets could never set their defense at all. There was very limited energy though for the Rockets though - with the missed shots they didnt really try to get offensive rebounds I am a bit upset at that. But when Jefferson hits that 3 to end the third quarter in way he did you knew the Mavs were not going to lose that game they had everything rolling their way.

I mean this was a 50 win team that we were playing and they definitely are playing better offensively without Rondo and it shows. The Rockets needs to go home re-group and take care of business at home. The crowd better show up and be loud

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

What a stink pickle of a game. Ariza couldn't shoot his nut on the floor with a playboy tonight.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Consolation prize is closing them out at home via a blowout.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Some of you fans are terrible.

Like yall cant wait till Houston loses to bash the players

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm not saying Harden was bad but he has to be better.

I didn't like how passive he was down the stretch, especially when the Mavs made their first run in the 2nd quarter. He had an opportunity to get the game in control, yet let Prigs, Terry and Smith control the offense instead. Then in the 4th, he had a golden opportunity to attack the Mavs and get the lead smaller but again, let Smith take those shots.

I agree that we can't give up 120 to them but James had a solid hand in that. He could have done more tonight on defense, especially help box out or go get those rebounds that the Mavs kept getting as offensive rebounds.

We expect James to be our cornerstone guy, he has to step up.

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I donn't think the Rockets is playing playoffs

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Nick Johnson is the only Rockets in the whole game even tried for a back door cut.

That basically summed up the game.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rick said Harris throwing Dwight down was a clean play.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why would anyone take anything they say seriously?

According to them the Rockets are a 8th seed at best.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Except the series...............such a stupid statement that people use

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Rockets played the 1st and 4th with playoff intensity. Played the 2nd and 3rd quarters like a regular season game.

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The scariest thing about this is that I can honestly say we might not have an answer for JJ Barea of all people.

Nick was alert on defense but still a rookie with barely any experience. Plus, that missed layup during that 4th quarter run was back breaking. He is so athletic and can dunk that yet chooses the weak lay-up.