1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My bad. I got the 2 games mixed up. You could argue he was sort of 5-15 in Game 2 since those last 2 attempts were basically at the end of the 24-second clock and someone had to jack up a shot. :grin:

But there's no comparison between this year's playoffs and last year with regard to Harden's play, especially in Game 1. The guy got 11 assists that night. He was the one driving and dishing to Brewer in the corner for those 3-pointers in the 4th quarter that helped put the game away.

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Agreed and to add, he could have easily had 11 or so assists if the teammates he dished to did not miss all those gimmes early on. I'm hoping and expecting the point blank misses to be taken care of in game 3.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ariza and T-Jones shot a combined 2-15 in Game 2. That concerns me far more heading into Game 3 than Harden's shooting percentage.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

That actually concerns me less. They had a horrible game offensively, and the Rockets still put it away in the 4th. I highly doubt that they shoot that poorly in Dallas. Ariza got a lot of good open shots, but just didnt make them. T Jones was out of whack altogether. Harden hasn't had a good game shooting the ball yet either.

Winning in Dallas will definitely be tough simply because they're at home, and they're basically being counted out - i'm sure this will motivate and hype them up.

This series is still far from over. Rockets still gotta keep playing that tough Defense and execute on Offense.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm predicting a 10+ point win. Call me a jinx if you like, but I feel it in my bones.

6. thejav

thejav Member

ill make the same prediction i made from last game..

MAVS-120
    ROCKETS-88

7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Back when James drove right, and finished strong without looking for contact

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I feel like logically game 3 will be the Maverick's BEST shot against the Rockets. They are going to be pumped up and full of energy and pride to get a W.

I just hope we don't get a complacent let-down game from the Rockets from a focus and defensive intensity standpoint. Some times, losing happens even when you play hard and well.

I just believe that if the Rockets maintain that focus in game 3, they can take game 3.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Rockets need to stay focused. This series is not over by a long shot. Keep the pressure on the mavs!

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I'm looking to see whether we've learned from our mistakes in a past. We say that we treat every game one at a time, but when we hit our stride, there's a game where we lay an egg.

If we win this one, I think that's huge.

What irks me is the possibility of Dallas blowing us out this game, no joke.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

So what you're saying is he doesn't drive the correct way now and never finishes strong without looking for contact. Righttt. :rolleyes:

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The one way that I see the Mavs winning a game vs. Houston is by being incredibly hot with their shooting, especially from Dirk and Monta. Otherwise, they are just not as good as the Rockets.

Their defense is subpar and their top guy Dirk is a huge liability on that end right now. Parsons missing is very important because his replacement is Richard Jefferson, who is terrible. I would put Aminu out there as much as I can for his hustle and defense, but Aminu can't defend everyone at the same time. Whoever is in at PG will be better than Rondo was last game, but it's not like Rondo was the only issue-- he only played 10 minutes in game 2 and the Rockets dominated the 4th with Rondo benched.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Well with most of my privileges revoked (including search tools and new thread functions) I am going to talk about Capela right here. He's easily a number 1 draft pick worth more than either Parker or Wiggins given not only his natural talents but size over those guys. One of the best draft pick steals of a generation.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

There were a ton of Thunder fans there.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dirk's such an overrated POS. Even back then he couldn't move his feet to even slightly defend or help defend... :grin:

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Wiggins and possibly Parker are the future of this league. We have to see more of Capela to really give it that verdict.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So far, in both games, the Rockets have gotten off to fast starts. It's important we do it again. We need to take the crowd out of this game, and let the Mavs know we have no intention of letting them back into this series. LET'S GO!!

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

We win this game; it's over:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The 3 NBA Playoff games tonight all feature lower-seeded teams coming home down 2-0. History says it's a must-win: <a href="http://t.co/eEUoRask4P">pic.twitter.com/eEUoRask4P</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/591296631615651842">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

There's always a first time. It aint over until we win 4.