1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Because Harden usually gets better as the series goes on, I think. Game 6 last year, and I still like to rewatch game 5 from that OKC series. He was otherworldly.

2. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Yea no........

He would be on the bench with 2 fouls

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

who cares he has his ring.

4. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I'd like to see a lot of hustle in this game. Stay focused. Limit turnovers.

5. cbk41

cbk41 Member

It looks like the most lethal PnR in the league, with a 4/5 option sprinkled in, combined with a bevy of shooters who aren't afraid to let it fly is a lethal combination.

What would Dwight's Magic look like with someone like Dwade? I'm guessing something a little like the 2014-2015 Rockets.

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I expect they will pack the paint, put even more pressure on Harden with Aminu and make our role players dare to take even more threes. Therefore I hope McHale and company will make the following adjustments:

* Let Jet bring the ball up more who then gives it to Dwight near the 3pt line and have Harden work more off the ball. He can do decide to drive (and kick), pick and roll with Dwight or take a jumper.
    * Get more open shots for Terry and Ariza
    * More pick and roll with Josh / Harden and Dwight

7. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

2nd best road team in the nba, time to prove it.

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

My bet is they will stop double teaming James, cut off his passing lanes, pack the paint, force Harden to shoot mid-range jumper(which is his biggest weakness).

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Harden is past due for a good shooting game, right?

10. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5n1NotT5Ik

11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

This is such a huge, HUGE huge game...

I have all the confidence in the world that we can win, however Game 3... its just all so stacked in the road team's favor to win, especially if down 2-0. I don't necessarily mean in a way that they're "better"...its just that pride and motivation step in, the roar of your home team crowd and the necessity of the situation.

I know it sounds bad, but its why I bought tickets to Game 4 instead of 3. If there is a game Mavs will win, its this one statistically and emotionally I think.

That being said, we need to step on their necks and take care of business.

People may be right about -Rondo being good for Mavs, but really... it messes with recent chemistry and defense (which was ALREADY their problem). No Parsons means 1 less creator. Rockets need to play with respect, focus, and poise. Don't panic in Dallas, because the Mavs may even have a lead most of the game due to adrenaline and homecourt determination.

The Rockets have D and O this year though, and tack on that we're a pretty badass road team and have been owning 4th quarters so far...

Man, I hope they can win this one. Anyone else having anxiety issues during the playoffs? lol, man this stuff just kills me.

:D

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Harden is due for a statement game. Can't think of a perfect time to do it on Friday night. Also hoping for Josh to continue his hot form in this game. He was at his scintillating best on Tuesday. Let's get the win!

Anyone know who the refs are? 2 terrible referee crews in the last two games, I am hoping for at least someone a little more consistent and not trying to influence any aspects of the game.

13. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

You guys keeping saying Harden is due for a big/breakout game but maybe this is just who he is. Great regular season player average postseason player.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I would argue he did have a very good Game 1 aside from the 5-15 shooting from the field. In Game 2, he got some good looks but just didn't knock them down. And for all the grief he's gotten for his playoff struggles the last 2 years, he did have at least one dominant performance in both the OKC and Portland series(Game 5 and Game 6 respectively). He'll have one in this series as well. It's a matter of when, not if.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if we can sweep and SA/LAC goes to seven games, that will be a big advantage (SAS is old and LAC are playing starters massive minutes)

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

He was actually 4/11 in game 1. 5/17 in game 2 I believe.

Either way..he's been playing like an MVP. His bread and butter shots aren't falling...but that will come.

As many have noted, Harden is having a good series and being the main focus for defensive schemes, he's handled and adapted remarkably.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

In game two he started off 4/5 early but the tailed off scoring wise. He went 1/1 too much and held the ball long into the shot clock while taking off balance shots he normally hits but this time they were bricks. Fortunately smith and Howard were grabbing the rebounds and Dallas was missing.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

It seems like Harden hasnt had a good shooting games since the all-star break. :(

#99 ZNB, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is absolutely the case. Rockets must not allow Mavs back in the series. This is the game they need to bring the major heat and drop them in the grease. Spurs and Clippers are going to beat each other up for seven. I would love it if the Rockets could sit and watch for three games.