1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Dash

Dash Member

Still can't believe how bad we beat these guys when Ariza, Jones, and Harden shot for a combined 7-32 from the field. I have no doubts in my mind that we are sweeping this team. We have so many weapons.

2. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Aminu is going to be guarding Harden, but he's not going to be able to do it for 34 minutes. Plus Aminu is their best help defender in the paint, by taking him out of that area it means Dwight is going to have field day in the paint against Amar'e and Chandler.

I think why most feel confident about the sweep is the Rockets have played about two B games overall and won comfortably in both games. The Mavericks depth is all but gone, and they only have 1 guy now that can keep Harden out of the paint.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I kinda feel bad for Tyson at this point...

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Except in a few spurts, the Rockets have not played well. This is the game to bring the total team effort and drop the Mavs into a deep hole. Intense defensive pressure from start to finish. Dirk will not miss that many shots again. This will be a dog fight, but we must persevere. Pivotal game of series. Must not let them back in.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why? He is actively trying to bait DH12 into fighting him. Also he isn't some elite defender on a team of scrubs, he is part of the problem.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep ...

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Lovely development.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Since March 30, Clint Capela is averaging 16.9 points, 14.6 rebounds and 4.6 blocks per 36 minutes on 67.9% shooting.</p>&mdash; Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) <a href="https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/590708835918184448">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. rocketblood713

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Exactly. Tyson has been acting like he is tough but flops around like the rest of the Mavericks. I'm surprised he hasn't tried any mind games like Mo Williams did last year to Daniels because Tyson has been struggling with Clint on the floor too.

10. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

per 36 numbers are completely false for players like Clint. They play like 10 minutes and it makes them look real good. Similar case to Thomas Robinson when he was a Rocket.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Fear the Houston Beards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is very true, but it also isn't something to completely throw aside. Anybody with a set of eyes can see that Capela contributes in many ways the moment he enters the game.

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Don't ever compare Thomas Robinson to Clint Capela. Capela is a different player, has all the physical tools to be a dominant defender. Thomas is 6'8 and will never be a rim protector.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't have too good a feeling about this game. We should win at least one of the next two though.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The goal should be to split Games 3 and 4, with the hope of a sweep. Ideally we win Game 3 so the Mavs basically quit the series, but in front of their crowd for the first time I expect a very tough game regardless of Parsons/Rondo being out. A loss wouldn't surprise me.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is already game 3? Time flies

1 person likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Pelton really likes Capela. Before the draft, he said could be the steal of the draft. Given enough minutes next year, I think Capela is a double-double type of player.

18. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I expect a nonstop barrage of whistles.

You can bet that pu$$y Cuban done cried and whined to the league office and sent in tapes of god knows what.

Expect Dwight to catch 3 quick fouls in the first 5 mins of the first quarter.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If you look at the last two playoff series' we've played (OKC, Por) we got better as the series went on.

I expect our offense to really start clicking in game 3.

20. Airdough

Airdough Member

They aren't false but per 36 is misleading for most bench guys. All it means is that he is having an impact in his time on the court. He still hasn't posted a positive +/- yet and diminishing returns would set in quickly if he had to log extended minutes. 10 minutes of not having the team fall apart when he's on the floor is better than any comparable big the Rockets have had coming off the bench in recent memory.