1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

well game 2 was pretty much without them

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

#MFFL = mot#*3 F#*ki$ fans for life :p

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Why are people on the BBS severely stupid posting about second round matchups and sweep threads?

I get that we will also come out with a sense of urgency in Game 3, but all our games in Dallas in recent years have come in losses or very close wins. The sound in that arena muffles the commentators; every little thing results in the loudest cheer.

Without Rondo, Barea, Harris, Felton are perimeter threats. The upside to Rondo not playing is that James can be aggressive at ease. However, Prigs and Terry worry me about that defense.

I hope McHale has something up his sleeve. I think the Mavs rally now that they've rid themselves of distractions. All it takes is for Dirk and Monta to have an explosive effort, and the momentum is on their side.

It's been beaten to death, but 2-0 start means jack ****. I'm hoping our team psychologist can stress how urgent/important it is to just take care of business early.

This Dallas team will look like the offensive juggernaut we saw earlier in the season.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

This will be a tight game, we can not let Dallas pull out and get an early lead.

We win this game by 5 points.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep. Parsons was a creator for that team because you gotta respect his range and he can drive dish/finish. I'm sure the Mavs fans are gonna use THAT and Rondo as an excuse... being Hipstermavs.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's that time again! LET'S GET IT!

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Any news on TJones???

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

PnR is destroying the Mavs. Start with that.

10. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Harden is going to have a big game. I have a good feeling about this one.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nope. Jet has to do a lot more work on Barea/Felton than he did on Rondo, and no Parsons means more Aminu. He and JJ were their brightest spots last night by far.

That said, step on their necks early and show no mercy. 3-0.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets' Terrence Jones says his nose is fine after taking hit in Game 2 <a href="http://t.co/VBsngvHtJz">http://t.co/VBsngvHtJz</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/590980927934697472">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Target Dirk's defense from start to finish

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Everyone is over reacting. Their defense is locked on harden why else would he get so many foul shots. Those are with reason. Harden is still winningg us games indirectly. They giving us more with harden on their game plan. Im not worried about him.

Win is a win.

15. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Found decent ticket prices on stubhub. I live in austin and am considering going to game 3. Given how this series might play out (meaning rockets in 4, 5 or 6), should I save my $ for round 2?

16. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

yeah, put them outta their misery. show no mercy, hope harden can step up big time, drop 40

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Step on their neck in game 3 and in game 4 they will roll over for us.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Except not--they don't have Wright, Nelson, or Crowder anymore and Parsons is sitting on the bench in a suit. Their bench is totally sapped. I would be SHOCKED if their offense looks anything like early in the season, especially against our vicious rim protection and strong wing defense.

Plus, I think the Monta we've seen so far this series is MUCH closer to who he is as a player than the Monta from early this season. He's a chucker. Always has been, always will be.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ellis and Dirk have the potential to have a white hot game, but that is really the only hope Dallas has. They just have nothing for us.

If find it almost inconceivable that we could lose 4 of 5 to these guys.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

So much so far this season has been said by everyone (including myself) about how mentally strong this team is compared to last seasons. Players themselves have been saying how that nothing has really been done since games have only been played in Houston so far and not Dallas. Hearing all that always sounds good but its like standard scripted "NBA Speak"

How the Rockets play will determine what they are actually made of. And I dont necessarily even mean that they need to hit shots and all. Making shots has to do with some luck. We've seen guys missed wide open shots and then go and make something ten times as difficult. Sometimes you cant control that. What can be controlled is the level of effort and intensity that they play with. The focus they have. Which means a few things: Limit unforced/careless turnovers to a minimum, 50/50 balls are not 50/50 but are Rockets possessions, Have a decisive edge on the glass both defensive and offensive, getting back in transition on defense, communicating on defense, no plays taken off on defense - you close out on shots - cant let your man beat you backdoor etc.

All the things that are solely based on effort and focus -- those are the things the team can control. How the game is reffed, if shots are falling -- none of that can be helped.

BUT if the Rockets go all out on the effort things - I cant see any team being able to beat them. Winning game 3 would not mean the end of the series but it would mean destroying almost the entire will of that Mavericks team. You are going to need to be able to show that your desire to win is greater than the other teams in the playoffs. This team hasnt made excuses all year - now isn't the time to start. The Mavericks are going to come out and play hard, the crowd there is going to give them a ton of energy. You know guys will want to go out and show that they are better than Rondo and there is a feeling of being written off right now with both Parsons and Rondo out. Teams are the most dangerous when they are the most desperate which the Mavs are right now.

Rockets are going to be in for a fight early on Friday - if they come prepared they can send everyone home early to still enjoy their Friday nights elsewhere

1 person likes this.