1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think the Mavs win this one. They'll be desperate and I have a feeling the players will rally around each other after the Parsons injury and Rondo meltdown.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Umm, it could be 1-1 if we would have lost by like 3 or 4. Winning by double digits? No, that's a clear victory.

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Run them off the floor, PnR them to death, shut down their offense!

Go for the kill this game and suck out their souls in Game 4!

I really we get JVG/Breen next game at ESPN but I have a feeling we will get Jon Barry and Dave Pasch.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If they really did expose the Mavs last night, then this game should be no problem.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Gotta get 1 on the mavs floor

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Harden is due for a monster game. It's going to be a tight game, and we will wear them down eventually like we have been.

7. JazzLakerHater

I like Dave Pasch, but Jon Berry on the other hand...

8. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Am I the only one who's worried that Dallas might play better without cancer rondo and injured parsons?

9. frontline94

frontline94 Member

i dont think it'll be simple for rick to stop the pnr just because he knows about it now given how good smith howard BOTH are in the paint, one of them can wreak havok on dirk always

10. frontline94

frontline94 Member

rondo yes, parsons no because jefferson hasnt proven to be that good tbh, while barrea has over rondo

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think they're better without Parsons(at least when he's healthy). And while they are better offensively without Rondo, defensively they're a mess with Barea and Felton manning the point.

These injuries and meltdowns are not a good thing for the Mavs. It leaves them shorthanded and with an even worse defense than they already had. Which the 4th quarter in Game 2 exposed badly.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

To all those Harden skeptics. Last time James Harden played at American Airlines Arena in the playoffs:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rx09_zUJTkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basically took over when OKC was down by 13 with 10 minutes to go in the 4th. 15 point 4th quarter.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They are worse without Parsons and Rondo bottom line. Barea at point is a benefit for us with our point guard issues. Richard Jefferson is no threat to go ham on anyone. Now we can focus in on Monta and/or Dirk more and end this joke of a first round opponent then move on to a real playoff threatening opponent.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Of course. Would anybody be scared with Monta, a 37 year old Dirk, and bunch of ok role players with no athleticism? It's worse than the Bucks team Monta was on. But they are going to play hard, and we still should take them seriously. But they are just not a playoff team due to injuries and chemistry issues.

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We are going to see a huge dose of Aminu on Harden for sure. That's the only person they have that has the length to really bother Harden.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

No way. In stretches, they might. But ... I will have to play very very very poorly to let them beat us. That might happen once or even twice, but without Parsons and Rondo, it is almost impossible for them now to take the series.

That said, I would not be surprised Rondo somehow is unleashed and eager to prove himself with an all-round game. I fully anticipate that will happen on Friday and Parsons will magically heal himself in for game 4 if they win the next one.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

WHAT players? Those two guys were key starters, and Devin Harris may still be out, too.

[​IMG]

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Will be close and will play better with no Rondo but I think Rockets pull this one out.

3-0

19. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

It's time for the second round. Rockets are way overdue.

20. JazzLakerHater

You know the last time we swept an opponent in the playoffs was the 95 Finals. Just take care of business Rox and get ready for a war against the Spurs or Clippers.