1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

True, but I thought last night we showed some great offense even without Dirk on the floor.

This team has stopped with its ISO ball almost completely.

PNR, PNR, PNR

I think they realized that this was not the approach needed to win playoff games.

Let your Power Forwards dictate the game and you have two good ones.

The Spurs will implement the same strategy as Dallas getting the ball out of Harden's hands. And Josh/Terrance will be asked to control the series along with Dwight.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

McHale figured it out last time the Rockets played the Spurs.

Match Ariza and Leonard's minutes. He didn't abuse Ariza like he did Harden.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hindsight is 20/20. I'm just happy the Rockets won.

At this point, trying to pile on just makes me laugh.
    Thanks for the free rep by the way, whoever repped me.

#2483 RedRedemption, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  4. RedRedemption

And yet Harden plays a lot better against the Spurs than he does against the Clippers.
    Well, at least on average.

5. RedRedemption

Yeah after the 2005 Mavs series, the two Jazz series, and the recent OKC and Blazers series its kind of hard to expect your team to perform to or above standards.
    The last time we overperformed in the playoffs was when T-Mac wasn't playing, and when Yao went down in round 2. Almost got to the conference finals.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If Yao had stayed healthy, I think we had a great chance of winning it all that year.

7. RedRedemption

Even if Yao wasn't healthy and we beat the Lakers without him, I think we would still have won the championship. Aaron Brooks was playing like a superstar.

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm glad to see them commit to the PnR too. It opens up so many more options. You can tell Dwight wished he was involved more in the offense but he's committed to doing whatever it takes to win.

ISO ball has it's benefits when Harden has a good matchup on the switch like he had on that last shot with Tyson on him. But the bread and butter needs to be the PnR.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its not even about hindsight

at that point it was a still 50-50 game

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

ESPN is still talking about Steph Curry. Harden dropped 40 points last night and I've yet to see it mentioned once. They're still talking about a game from 2 days ago. **** them.

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

LOL game 4 tickets 44 dollars

12. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

3 down, 13 to go.

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I just watched the 10 minute Youtube highlights of the game, where it cuts from possession to possession (mostly). Every Rockets shot made: Hubie Brown was either silent or said something like "Ugh" or "Oh no". Every time the Mavericks made a shot he said something like: "There YOU GO!" or "YES!".

I didn't notice it during the actual game, but when the highlights are strung together so closely, the strange bias comes right to the front. It took be about 4-5 minutes of watching it before I realized.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Put it this way: you never want to be in a situation where Hubie Brown is rooting for your team.

15. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Replay is on for anyone that wants to watch the end of the game

16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Hubie likes to root for the underdog. That means in his mind, Houston is clearly a far superior team.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tyson Chandler on down 3-0 to the Rockets. No NBA team has come back from that deficit: &quot;History is made to be broken.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/592026689959395330">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Beat Mavs in Game 4.

Mavs be like..."if it was a best of 9 series, we would've won".

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I told my roommate if the mavs come back and win the series id buy him a ticket for a round 2 game lol

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Where are the Harden haters now..................lol

domination