1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. OpportunityCost

This is baffling to me also. In addition to being a really good shooter, James can also create off of the dribble. Not sure how Garcia "earned" his minutes over Anderson.

2. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

A loss is a loss. I am a Lin fan but I am not gonna say anything like "what if Lin came in at the 5 mins mark? He should have played better!"..you will never find out. The point is that as a player in the starting line-up, Lin would probably be frustrated and lose some confidence for getting benched in the middle of 3rd, and not being played during crunch time, especially when he was not playing bad at all. Being mistrusted by the coach is obviously not gonna help him develops. I would say Bev had a decent game, and he had done his job as a back-up PG. But Did he outplay Lin? I don't think so.

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The game plan on beating the Rockets is simple, you stop either Lin or Harden. When they both are fire, not even OKC can topple them. McFail already did Rick a favor by taking Lin out in the 4th, simple as that.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I wonder how happy the Mavs coaching staff was when they did not see Asik or Lin play in the 4th. I would lmbo to the locker room.

5. new2012

new2012 Member

I just has a strange thought and may be good for a movie. It is about an undercover coach on a mission:
    1. He have to make the team hanging at the last playoff spot and make them failed at the end.
    What he will do
    1. He trade away excellent player. Best if it is the floor general so that there will be no organized offense and defense.
    2. He play the weakness on replacement point guard and claim he does not fit into the team system.
    3. He will ride any superstar like a secretary and hope he will be injured. If he is injured, ride him more and hopefully he cannot play in the playoff.
    4. Sit the hot players to rest them and play them after long break.
    5. play popular rookie for long period to spark the offense. Accepted rookie make mistakes and let him play longer to learn.
    6. no set play. Also ensure opposite team know what your last move and prepared.
    7. play low percentage 3-ball so they could have lucky day and unlucky days.
    8. play no defense and hopefully someone from opposite team get hot.
    9. Stir the team chemistry by yelling at some players and praising other players.

If it is a movie, it will not make you MAD.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Perfectly put and dead on. Rox have not lost any game this year when both have been playing well together.

7. youngduck

youngduck Member

patrick did a great job fouling collison on what would had been a turnover.

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Yeah I know I wasn't saying Beverely was the better player because of that but just that using steals to defend Lin isn't a good argument, there's many other reasons why he's better

9. rev1274

rev1274 Member

10. just a word

just a word Member

or maaaaybe Lin comes out with a, "AND I'LL SHOW YOU." And be fired up against GSW.

These are competitive athletes. They're not gonna just roll over.:rolleyes:

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I know Lin is not a selfish team player, but I am sure he felt embarassed all the time on the bench in the crunch time. Is there any other starter PG being treated this way in this league regularly? I would hope to be traded this summer if I were Lin.

12. asingc

asingc New Member

I guess the case was closed but from this screen shot I feel Rockets should get those 3 points back.

[​IMG]

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I don't know if I'm more pissed with NBA LP or with McFail come to think of it.:grin:

14. timyeung

timyeung Member

When Harden was injured in the last game Lin and Parsons took over. What happens? Blowout! In this game I saw Lin defer to Harden alot and he kept passing the ball to Harden instead of making his own plays. I think Lin needs to play his game and stop deferring to Harden every time he sees Harden on the floor. Of course, coach McHale has to OK this. Harden is an amazing scorer, but there needs to be a bit of balance on the court. And I agree with the folks here. Unless the starters are injured or the bench is playing extremely well, McHale needs to play his starters in the end.

15. PeppermintCandy

It's gotta be pretty bad for Friedman to be tweeting this.

16. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

somebody needs to guard Johnson