1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

hahaha . . . funny to see this happening even on the early minutes of the games... bring in the delfino shooting himself gif. I really think (my assumption), the reason why he do that shot on own head gesture is that he is thinking - "what am i doing here guarding this big guy'?

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Mayo is bigger than James, maybe that had something to do with it. Maybe next time McHale will do things differently. I think with all the new players, McHale is just trying to figure out what pieces fit together best. Has to be tough on a coach and a team to have a major trade go down just as the season starts, and then another major trade at the trade deadline. Things that are normally figured out in training camp and the pre-season are now taking place in real games during the last weeks of the season. I know some fans are frustrated with the the changing rotations, but I think McHale needs to have an idea of how well some of these different combinations work before the end of the season. If this group of players had been together since training camp, then I think we wouldn't be seeing so much experimentation.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

But Lin's clutch stats is by far the best on the team, it's hard to believe the coaching staffs werent informed about this.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

LOL Yep. Still hoping that even for just one day that Lin doesn't have to be so nice to the point that he would tell the coach how he really feels. We had the same problem with Yao early in his career when he was too nice to just go and dunk on his defenders.

5. wapz

wapz Member

lol, i swear, this guy is also an idiot

6. Jenopogi

dont mind those peeps . . . just do ur thing... heck I can not mind those when my blood pressure is high after this loss. COme on, Utah lost... it is supposed to be our chance to solidify our standings. what a 4th quarter . . .:mad::mad::mad: bucks loss and the one before that and then this! how can we move up!

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Imagine how the Hornets fans feel. ;)

8. Jenopogi

our GM is the statistician . . . McHale.. is well, a HOF BBall player . . . notice in post games, he can not even remember the whole game, he refers to his little notes to quote stats... how can you expect him to even remember these advance metrics... maybe Morey should get him a PA.

9. Jenopogi

they have an uninteresting season, yeah they feel down when they lost, but it is not comparable to this . . . looking for a playoff spot, a game that could have gone our way... yeah could have.. but did not . . . pressure rising! :mad:

10. Jenopogi

dangerous, it can go other way . . . remember lowry? then he will get ISOed (on the bench) . . . all the more reason i will regret LP subs.. just play it out, just 20 more games and then kick McHale's butt . . .

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Looking at their roster, they're basically as young and inexperienced as ours and it's actually not that bad.. Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, Greivis Vasquez, Ryan Anderson, Al-Farouq Aminu, Robin Lopez, Roger Mason, Jason Smith etc.. and they also have a decent coach in Monty Williams. Now why are we on pace to make the playoffs while their team could possibly finish worst in the west?

12. Ultimate6thMan

I just checked out @dmorey twitter account.

NOT ONE SINGLE TWEET ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S LOSS!

Are those angry twitter fans being deleted, ignored, not posted, or have they simply giving up on tweeting to @dmorey?

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

reason we lost was the offense got too stagnant and predictable last 5 min of the game... harden just decided to ball hog every possession, shoulda run their bread and butter pick n rolls or something. Forced a couple of shots, but give some creds to marion.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Tweet Jason Friedman instead. Morey is too smart to engage with Lin fans.

15. kuo

kuo Member

best post of the thread. had me rolling even after a tough loss.

16. Ultimate6thMan

Thanks, but I don't actually tweet. But I expected to go there and find at least some tweets directed at him about McFail. I wouldn't expect Morey to publicly get in the debate though.

I will check out Friedman's twitter line to see if any one is saying anything.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Seems far-fetched that a coach would get replaced any time soon when his GM tweets about him to be in consideration for coach of the year.

18. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Great post, would rep you if I could.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Morey thinks McHale should be coach of the year. The Rockets are still in overachieving and have a chance to make the playoffs. His rotations are questionable at times but coaches are judge by their overall results.

p.s I hate McHale not playing Asik and going small ball the most when it comes to McHale sub patterns.

20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yes best post of the thread. LOL:grin: