1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rearwindow

rearwindow Member

hehe:(

2. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Tough loss. I just can't understand how Asik gets 0 tick in the 4th. He is easily our best rebounder, defender and screen setter. How do our chances of winning improve when he is out?

I like Delfino but he needs to be under clear instruction to NOT put the ball on the floor. His TO's vs usage must be off the charts.

The whole "Beverly is in for D" thing is just as bogus as the Douglas one. Dallas had NO problems scoring in crunch time. Dallas put 112 on us, and almost the same number of points as in the 2nd and 3rd, I don't buy it.

And it's not about Lin Vs. Beverly. It's more like McHale and Harden. Bev did play well but most of his damage came when Harden was on the bench. As soon as James came back, Bev stopped making plays and began camping outside the arc.

McHale has obviously gone all-in with Harden. He does NOT hate Lin. Bev is just a better sniper than Lin so he gets the nod. McHale wants Derek Fisher in crunch time, not Jeremy Lin. It would be like if Scott Brooks benched Westbrook for Martin and put him in the corner.

That IS a defensible strategy. But this was MUCH more successful earlier in the season. But the scouting report has changed, people know Harden-ISO is the Rockets offense late in the game and they are adjusting. What makes it even worse was today Harden was off and Marion was playing great D.

We have NO chance of doing well in the playoffs is we keep on doing this. Top seed playoff teams are just too good. Unless you are Lebron James, this just won't work.

And we are still making the playoffs. Utah lost tonight so it's all good. I won't worry about the Lakers until they are threatening to knock us out. Tough loss, oh well.

Next game.

1 person likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

If we didn't have Harden, you'd be seeing Lin and Bev closing out games. I just think Harden does everything (but defense) a bit better than Lin so it becomes redundant to have both in the backcourt when you have a player like Bev.

4. New

???? What are you trying to say??? Are you just bashing Asik?
    1. The opposing team did not really go small unless you only counts the C as big.
    2. Asik is not offensively inept. How can you say a regular double-double guy offensively inept? Of course he is not DH. But he give you pressure on both offensive and defensive end. His PnR with Harden has proven to be very effective. You kept talking about his FT. They are not running Hack-a-Asik, are they? Of course you can always pick the weakness of a player. But Hey, every player has some weakness.

5. OpportunityCost

Exactly. The Rockets' young player deserve to be put in better positions to score and not just ALWAYS being expected to use their one-on-one talents to do all of the heavy lifting. How about some crafty coaching on offense for a change.

6. OpportunityCost

*players

7. nickg

nickg Member

Tell okc that

8. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Pretty much what I said a page back. Even if Bev was playing defense - when Lin is in he game, he changes the way the Mav's play defense which may give players scoring opportunities. When you have a bench of role players in the 4th qtr, Harden ISO ball will be easy to stop.

9. landryfans

landryfans Member

we need get rid of Mcfail in all cost,

rockets doing well because Morey assembled a good roster, Mcfail actually drag us down!

10. radd

radd Member

man I've been reading your posts and you just don't know a thing about basketball.

11. M4-Nightvision

its Lin fault the rockets lost tonight.

12. nickg

nickg Member

Rofl, they all closed the game tonight. Watch the ****ing games instead of pulling **** from your ass

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What good is it to have a guy who you think will score more if you can't get stops?

14. New

No. Basketball is not just about the player who is having the ball. It is also about how they opposing team set their defense. I question the decision of Harden ISO ball, not who should be on the court AFTER we decided to go Harden ISO ball.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

You are trolling pretty hard.

16. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

This was funny.. did it come from here?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

We missed the game because we're so far behind in time zone but based on reading 3 pages so far on this thread....

My husband and I are thinking we're going to pass watching it on League Pass :(

Don't even know the final score yet..........I guess we don't want to know now :(

18. jeddah

jeddah Member

Beg to disagree...Lin's defense is not just solid...haven't u seen him rotating to 2 or 3 guys ( starters of opponent teams ) plays after plays...Lin's our 2nd best Defender of the team...could u imagine what the Rockets will be if his defense against opposing guards are just so-so...

19. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Do you want me to direct you to Synergy sports? Or the fact that he's top 5 in steals?

20. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

obviously you did not read Toro's post.