1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/11/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and an old streak is still alive

18 games winning streak vs USA teams

2. threepointshot3

And in clear tank mode

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think that's because we don't have player that excel at that. But we do run plays from the post for both Harden and CP3. What we don't see is those plays result in passing out of the post.

JJ is different. He's much taller and is a good passer. MDA has said JJ can make a lot of plays out of the post and wanted to give that a try in the next month to figure out exactly how they should play. This is why he's getting the minutes. Clutchfans should be patience. The coaching staff knows what they are doing. It might not pan out, but they aren't going to sit on JJ and not try.

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

More like 2.5 games up, since we own the tie breaker.:cool:

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm looking at the standings and guess what? We're an entire game ahead of Golden State, being 9-1 our last 10 games, with the primping Warriors 7-3. I'll take that half a game. Seemed like the teams were within a half game forever. I like the separation. Let's improve on that stat with a win against SA.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You can have leadership from the bench and in the lockeroom . I'm just not buying that he's going to be some fantastic player for us once the playoffs comes . He's got to prove way more in the regular season before I believe he can flip a switch and turn into a better player than any of Luc , pj , Ryan , or Trevor , or Gordon .

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

[​IMG] The start of a new win streak :D 1 in a row

macho GRANDE and seeingredtx like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well lucky your not the coach then

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You seriously think JJ is better than any of those guys ?

LorneMalvo likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Right now it is a small sample size, but I love that Rocket have him as a post option and creator. That is better than someone just shooting from 3 IMO.

JJ has the potential to be another creator and passer besides James, CP or EG.

I agree, he needs to be more consistent. I hope he plays tomorrow and does well.

macho GRANDE and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nice second half bounce back. Nice to have the ying yang of BBS affection, Gerald Green and Joe Johnson, both have strong games.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Clinch the playoffs ✔️
    Secure the 1 seed
    Win the whole damn thing

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

We got the W, but CC has to be better. He looked disinterested and fatigued, disappearing for long stretches of that game. Powell and Noel both outplayed him. I understand Harden was out, which undoubtedly messed with his rhythm, but he certainly didn't look like a guy vying for big money this offseason. Too often he reminds me of the Andrew Wiggins of 5s... a freakish specimen with a tendency to just float. He lacks an edge, and that's not something that can be taught.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed . I think the potential is there ... But IMO he HAS to prove it . Up until this game , he hadn't . Now , he has to go do it again .

I think even if he does play well from here on out , I would be hard pressed to play him over our other guys. ( Luc , PJ , trev , and Ryan ) To me , the first three are irreplaceable defensively ... And like I said earlier , I thought Ryan was finally coming into his own before he got hurt . The way he was playing with confidence was really nice .

I think Ryan will also match up better ( as will PJ for the matter ) against bigger 4's .... Both defensively and offensively .

I guess we will see .

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I say rest harden tomorrow too. Should be able to handle the spurs without their top3 players playing

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. MONON

MONON Member

This was a great win. We jump on them in the 1st & then no showed in the 2nd. In the 3rd, we jumped on them again; but this time, we didn't jump off & won going away. I was really impressed with GG this game. To me, the past 2 months, he had turned into Bobby Brown in that when he got the ball, it was going up, no matter who else was open. Tonight, he seemed to be looking to see who was open more. Yes he shot his 3s & made them, but him shot looked more in the flow of the game. He also drove to the basket more. That quick step to the basket & then the assist to Black(?) underneath the bucket was amazing.

NO!! I'm not saying play GG over JJ!! We need them both!

Deckard likes this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I know young people like to do silly things with their hair, but a few of the Dallas players have some of the goofiest haircuts I have ever seen. They look ridiculous.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, he didn't seem to have his head in the game. He has freakish athleticism but lacks an "edge." Gets passive and coasts. I think he does better with Harden in the game.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. Both players looked better in this game, mainly in the second half. Having a very deep bench is a good problem to have. Green and Johnson are so different from each other. In the second half, both showed how that could work, at least against the Mavs. I hope their synergy continues. I liked what I was seeing. Could be that the Mavs sucked so badly that this was a fluke, but I hope not.

MONON likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Feels weird saying that we are 19-1 in our past 20 games

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.