1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 12/8/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's a good point, but if taking Ariza out of the team means this much...well, it means we lost the best leader/teammate ever and that the other guys are just a bunch of losers...i just can't believe that, and don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of Trevor but...eh...

IvanLCPM likes this.
  2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

When the game gets to the start of the 4th and its close i will go do something rather than watch the game. Last year’s team I was confident in the team. they could win in the fourth and overtime in close games, this year I have no confidence and it’s like thanks for the three-quarters of decent basketball but I know you’re going to lose, see ya.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Me walking into work after talking that hot sh-t for a couple years:

[​IMG]

BasketMAD, joshuaao, sammy and 5 others like this.
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

That 16 season was the one that did it for me. I could handle those 14 pick seasons, Because the expectations were low and They even overachieved in some of them. But this year and that 16 season came in with pretty high expectations and no one saw what it is we are seeing.

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

You can’t punt the season when you punted the following 3 seasons by signing CP3 to a max.

We are honestly screwed this year, and for the following 3 years. There is no way out of it. The best thing to do now is trade CP3 while there is some value and get expiring contracts. I really think trading for parsons and Noah would be a trade that will help us suck for only half the time than we are currently slated to suck.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And I don’t understand why they won’t play Brandon Knight. If he can play a G league game he can contribute a few minutes here and there. At least you can see what you have with him and let other teams see which will make it easier to trade him instead of keeping him on the bench.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The refs did it for me in the playoffs last year. I felt cheated of a championship. I’ve felt like quitting the league for years, it’s just so fraudulent. But I love my team.... Many things have gotten me away from watching the games this year and I’m glad they have.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don’t buy that excuse.

Rockets were 15-1 without Ariza last year.

Also, in the 15-16, rockets were the 8th seed and that was with Ariza on the team.

In the nfl, teams go from first to worst every year, just look at the jaguars and eagles. But you don’t see this kind of drop off from year to year in the nba. And this is the second time in the last three years this has happened.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blow this trash ass team up.

BigShasta and ak99999 like this.
  10. PWR

PWR Member

Good news:

Wizards are currently being blown out by the CAVS by 20+ points.

John Wall has decided to tank. He played 26 minutes and purposely scored a career low of 1 point.

Morey need to get on the phone ASAP and offer Paul, Gordon, Melo, and Tucker for Wall, Porter, and Morris.

Blow this shyt up!!!

smp, WILDBALLER, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  11. mario_v

mario_v Member

I would trade Cp3, Gordon, Capela and a 1st round pick for wall and Beal.

I doubt anyone would want to touch Paul’s contract though.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

difference between the best team and the average teams in nba isnt that big

blowout win, 20 pts win, is a 6-7 possesions game, you miss the 3 they catch the long rebound and score the fastbreak 3 its a 6 points swing
    throw in injuries and high variance of 3pt shooting, luck, discipline and effort have more infleunce on winning than quality of the team or talent of the players

snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.
  13. PWR

PWR Member

I dont think they are going to give up Beal.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Please...just stop giving your opinions...good lord.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

He was doubtful to play, probably injured, wouldn't read much into this game, he played like trash but eh, he does have this kind of games here and there, he's not exactly a star.

16. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Yes Eric Gordon, don't worry he'll be fired up again like he was today & throw up a barrage of bricks.

ak99999 likes this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Actuall this is why we need Ariza.

18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why would they do this? How does this trade help them tank in the east? That squad we give them in the east makes the ECF

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. PWR

PWR Member

He missed last game & was doubtful today because his child is due to be born. He is healthy...he just doesn't want to play there.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well no season exist in a vacuum, it's all relative to the other teams.

I think this season was a season where a lot of young talent starting to hit their strides, and we got older, shallower and less athletic and mostly a predicable formula as last year.

Look at last season, Mavs, Suns, Kings, Lakers were almost free wins, Memphis tanked after their hot start. Denver was young and inexperienced, Nola lost Cousins. Spurs were dealing with Leonard drama all season. Minny lost Butler for a big part of the season. The only "contenders" were GSW, Houston, and to an extent Jazz who weren't even that great either. Even OKC, with all their Melo drama ended up limping in to the playoffs.

Now look at both conferences, no more freebies, every team is except for Suns in the west is in the playoff race. Brooklyn just beat Toronto yesterday in OT. We strutted out the same old line up, with the same old formula against hungerier young teams that are just hitting their stride waiting to prove themselves.

hakeem94 likes this.