1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/7/2014 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Me too. Papa will have to go through a short adjustment process to the nba game but this guy has a good all around game. I like what I see.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That sounds like a joke :confused:

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Kostas' 1st basket of the game--that hookshot over Crowder--that was a Dreamshake move, his homage to Hakeem.

4. baubo

baubo Member

Not necessarily. The Rockets offense is predicated on players attacking and running. For that to happen, the perimeter guys must have some amount of PG skills. It's much more deadlier if Daniels and Pap can get out in transition and make the correct decisions before the defense is set. Although I'm not sure either player has the handles to do so, but that's what camp and the preseason is for. So we'll know how well they can add these to their games.

1 person likes this.
  5. callmened

callmened Member

checking in (from Harlem)

How did my new 2nd favorite team look? NBA league pass isnt up so i didnt get a chance to see the game. All i saw is that they scored alot yet they gave up alot

hows the bench looking? nick johnson, daniels, lefty greek kid, cannon? Domo? that will be the key to their season

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We don't like 2 team fans. Rockets or nothing. Not even the Texans.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So the Rockets aren't even your #1 and you expect people to give you a summary, when all the info you're asking for is in the game thread?

[​IMG]

8. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Why are you guys being rude...?

Anyways, my Harlem brethren, the bench looks weak. Canaan and Troy Daniels didn't get much burn though. Only at the end of the game, so we can't really discuss those two. D. Motiejunas looked solid in the post making a lot of nifty moves. Of course he was being guarded by Charlie Villanueva though so take that with a grain of salt. The Greek had an offensive bad game. He hit a few key three pointers though in the clutch. He is still learning. Nick Johnson seems to keep on impressing but I'm not too sure if he's NBA ready yet. Jeff Adrien impressed. Made defensive plays, scored when we needed him and grabbed key rebounds. Should be a plus off the bench if he keeps up his play. Most people on here didn't like Ish Smith, but he played to his strengths. He'll probably get cut unfortunately though. The back up guard position doesn't seem to bright.

1 person likes this.
  10. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Come on guys.. what's up with that?

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Wow.. Some of these fans have no respect.. Sorry mate don't listen to them.

Greek God looked good.

Paging tinman... Paging tinman.. Get in here and preach some rockets history to transform these fans into respectful ones.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Beverley and McHale know what's up:

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jason Terry when asked what he wants to give Dallas when he plays there for 1st time as a Rocket: &quot;A lot of buckets and a win (for Houston)&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/520253505299550208">October 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>