1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/27/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

BTW, I'd be willing to bet good money that Adelman starts off with Luis Scola guarding Dirk tonight.

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

And thats exactly wad Dirk likes... To shoot midrange to three point jump shots. Advantge, Dirk.

Tough matchup for the Rockets... Cause if Chuck is guarding Dirk tonight then someone else will have to defend the basket.

Patterson might see extended minutes tonight.

Hopefully The Rockets can pull it off, I don't think the Blazers will keep winning.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think what Chuck will try to do is get Dirk off his comfort zone, Dirk will get his points but try to make it as difficult as possible. It could be an advantage down the stretch IF this is a close game.

4. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

If Chuck is on Dirk then Tyson is about to drop 30 on Scola

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Ignore the McGrady jersey lol

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. eman

eman Contributing Member

If Rick trots out that same starting lineup, I will do my imitation of Munch's The Scream. How about giving Luis a little rest tonight, and seeing if Patsquatch can't help the D a bit? How about giving Ish some run? Please?

7. albuster

albuster Member

It feels like the Mavs have been beating up on the Rockets since forever. I just hope the Rockets are already tired of being owned by Cuban's boys and give us Houston fans a win tonight. I am tired of losing to our neighbors north of I-45.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Patterson on Nowitzki might make more sense, actually. He has a little more length than Chuck, and good lateral quickness (he did an admirable job guarding Carmelo in Denver earlier this month). If we put Chuck on Dirk, he could quickly get in foul trouble.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am all for starting Chuck and Pats tonight and having Scola and Hill coming off the bench. Make Dirk a jump shooter all night and box Tyson out. :grin:

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

y'all are worrying about Dirk too much really not even thinking about him at all.

the guy who I am worried about the most

Jason Terry

man **** that guy and the ****in smug ass horse he rode in on...please someone please cover this guy I dont care how punch him in the face so he leaves the game...take his legs out from under him...slash his tires so he cant make it to the arena. Just dont let him touch the ball once he is on the court.

MAN **** JASON TERRY

that is all

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

LOL, now tell us how you REALLY feel! :grin:

For me living up here in Denton, I guess I'm going to get a lot of phone calls from friends wondering if I'm in a gambling mood. Too bad for them, this is NOT the year to be pulling out my wallet.

None-the-less, GO ROCKETS!

12. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

In past he has destroyed us off the bench. I think he is in starting lineup now... he will defending Martin.... i just hope martin grabs quick fouls on him.

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Neighbor gave me his tix to the game tonight (again..yay!). I'll be there in section 328..way up in the nosebleeds. Hope I don't feel stupid in my ROX Jersey after the game.

14. crgassoc

crgassoc Member

Dirk's been dragging his bad knee around the court so Scola can guard him. JET sucks.

15. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Stay strong brother, my Mavs hate will be flowing from Fort Worth, up I-30, past the Arlington Cowboy's "Death Star" , through the gates of the AAC and directly into Jason Terry's shooting hand--may it wither and fall off.

16. houseofglass21

Seems like the last few games against the Mavs we start out ok and keep with them until the 2nd quarter and then the game starts getting away from us and they blow us out.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets' big man ... sort of

[rquoter]Tonight, the Mavericks will face an opposing center who stands 6-6 and averages 6.6 points. Chuck Hayes is the second shortest player in the Houston Rockets' starting lineup, but he has become an important part of the team's defense during this most recent prolonged absence of Yao Ming.

"For his size, he gets more done than maybe anyone in the league," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said this morning of Hayes, in his sixth season from Kentucky. "He's a great individual defender. He's a terrific rebounder. And within their system, he's very crafty at both ends of the floor. He's a major factor on their team."

Now, defense hasn't been the Rockets' strong suit this season. They're 24th in points allowed at 104.68 while fourth on offense at 105.3. Their rebounding differential of -0.34 ranks 17th. Offensively, they're sixth in total three-pointers. But they come off one of their best defensive efforts of the season, beating the Clippers last night 96-83 with LA playing back-to-back games in Texas.

"They have depth, and they have a highly skilled team," Carlisle said. "The three-point shot is a big part of their game. We've got to limit them in that area."

When the Mavericks beat the Rockets 101-91 in the teams' only previous meeting this season, on Nov. 29, the Rockets hit nine of 23 three-point attempts.[/rquoter]

18. OkayAyeReloaded

F*** dallas

(and jason terry..)

19. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Screw Dallas, (where hanging western conference champs banners happen lol).....and Jason Terry ( that turtle head airplane lover kid).

I swear them Dallas folks think they have a better orginization than Houston. The LOB's says otherwise. HOU and SA have some, Dallas is without a doubt, the weakest link Texas team.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

As long as we play good defence for the full 48+OT, we should come out with the win, Rockets 105 - Dallas 98 in OT.

Martin 38pts, Chuckwagon 16reb.

I think P-Dub & AB will have a big games today.

Good luck guys, go hard!

GO ROCKETS!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.