1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

What a loss....Mavericks' two guards didn't fair too well tonight as well. Glad Lin showed some life in the 4th. Good news is that Portland is down by 19 and GSW will probably lose to Miama....status quo for tonight (except Utah).

2. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Freak'n Mavs. This loss hurts cause it's the team that I hate the most...

3. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

Well maybe welcome to this forums? :grin:

4. nickg

nickg Member

You can't act like they run a pnr for him all that often though. I've said before that indont watch many games, but the blast one I watched ( Lakers ) they ran very few, and maybe one with Lin and harden. Which makes no sense when you consider how effective that had been during the winning streak.

5. adobo

adobo Member

Geez, some ppl here just have plain hatred towards Lin. Give him credit where credit is due. He played aggressive on the 4th qtr and it made the game close. Only if he can play that sort of agressiveness throughout the game this team would be a lot better. Mchale has to make adjustments and get Lin as a 1st (if harden is off) or 2nd option on offense. It just opens the game up a lot more for everyone else. We can all see Lin's potential as a scoring threat, they have to make use of this otherwise they might as well chuck an average PG in there if his job is only to pass and make 5-10 fga a game.

We can clearly see Lin's confidence sky rockets when he is made as one of the main scoring option. Even 3's are shot with confidence and his drives look a lot more confident. The coaches have to study what makes him tick and use it.

Regarding Harden, he had an off game today, but don't hate the guy. How many times has he produced, his allowed to have a few games where he is off.

I don't mind this losing streak. It will make us a better team in the future. I would rather have this losing streak in the 1st half of the year.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McHale said he was OK with last few shots. Said it was a tough miss on one,great block by Brand in another.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/291757219458998272" data-datetime="2013-01-17T04:01:56+00:00">January 17, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. alX

alX Member

you get your other teammates involved.
    delfino, parsons wide open....?
    hell, i would've had beverly out there to test his mettle.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just a rought shooting night all around. Harden forced a few too many shots, but it's not like his teammates were shooting well either. Parsons played decent, and Lin had a good 4th quarter, but other than that everyone played pretty bad. Asik did OK.

It was really frustrating how we just couldn't get over the hump. Missed layups, free throws, etc. Oh well, the losing streak continues, L5 sigh. Just like last year.

9. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I do think that's it. You didn't see it last season in NY. In fact lots of announcers and analysts were pointing out how he keeps his dribble in the paint much like Nash. I think he's thinking too much out there and I'm wondering what coaching staff is expecting of him/telling him to do.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

This was a one possession game in the 4th quarter.....how is it then possible the game was lost in the 1st!?!? come on people.

11. Raven

Raven Member

So this is the 87th time in a row Dallas has beaten the Rockets, right?

:(

12. torocan

torocan Member

To be fair, 4 of those FT's were right after he twisted his ankle (AGAIN!) after he got pulled down hard.

You could tell he was in serious pain because he didn't move for almost a full 20 or 30s after that foul.

13. split41

split41 Member

Imo, there were two crucial plays that cost us the game.

Hardens blown lay-up and Lin's BS blocking foul.

Obviously, Lin missing his late game FTs was crucial also.

That late game Lin TO I put the blame on Parsons, it went right to his chest and threw his hands, but I think even if we made that bucket we wouldn't have gotten it into OT.

The blown lay-up was huge in my opinion, because as soon as he missed Dirk got the rebound and we had to foul.

14. w00t

w00t Member

Just can't wait until trade deadline, so Rockets can free Dmo...

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Rockets shot an overall better percentage tonight than the Mavs, collected more rebounds but shot only 30 FTs to the Mavs 43... The Rockets lost by 5 points tonight and a few more FTs by Houston would have made a difference and the fact that Harden can't find his shot really hurts also.

Tonight, I think the officials really took Harden out of the game. Harden usually get into rhythm by attacking the basket and usually getting the call. But tonight, Harden went to the basket like 8-9 times where he got fouled, and would go to the line in any other games but tonight, there were no calls. Then, when you're not getting the calls and the officials are calling all these bad calls on you on the other end, it can really change your game that night.

Harden missed a lot of the shots he easily makes but some really lobsided calls and him getting into foul trouble really took him out of the game. Its like whenever the Rockets make a run to get back, the Mavs get to go to the line a few times and build their lead back up. Plus, I don't know why the Rockets are shooting so poorly from the FT line as well.

16. OpportunityCost

Unfortunately, these coaches seem clueless.

17. munsteur

munsteur Member

I disagree. Foremost, you have to be put into the position to be aggressive. Lin-Harden PnR ONLY started in the fourth quarter when McHale called it. Sure Lin can be drive without the pick, but that's 1-on-1 and not always effective against help team defense.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lin is one of the fastest, if not the fastest PG in the league. He doesn't need a screen to get to the hole, and he didn't use a screen on each and every drive he had in the 4th quarter.

19. ERC

ERC Member

I was just appalled by the amount of hatred towards the one player who showed up in 4th quarter.

But... I shall calm down and heed your advice. :)

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

someone ask him why he's drawing up a catch and shoot play to tie the game with a guy who doesn't catch and shoot.