1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i hate the mavs. doubt i will watch. can't stand losing to mavs. lost 8 in a row to them. they own us.

2. liunatic

liunatic Member

Nah, but I stayed at the mid-levels when I visited recently. Love HK :) I want to try to visit again this year, but it doesn't look likely :(

3. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

4. Mock

Mock Member

If J-Lin can score around 15-20 points and assist well I think this will make the huge difference. *Plus there D that I think the Rockets are going to bring tonight if you watched some of there post game inerviews you can tell there gonna go hardcore on this tonight*. You gotta involve Omer Asik a little he's gotta score 10-15 tonight. Chandler Parsons just gotta play like chandler parsons basically. Delfino has kind of had a hot hand latley so he might be in the mix.

5. pnr

pnr Member

If Jlin scores more than 16 points, we win.

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

That's why I miss T-mac. He's only one that can help Rockets beat that team.

7. me005

me005 Member

Defense has been our problem since the season starts. It's overlooked because our offense was rolling. Our guys did try harder last game but it won't be fixed overnight especially without practice time. We need more effort tonight.

Inconsistency is another issue. Our guys are inexperienced and not used to play heavy minutes. You know fatigue has taken its toll on them when our best and most consistent player was shooting 8 for 30 from the three pt line while averaging 5.5 TO in the last four games. Coach has to better manage minutes for the big 4 or they are not going have enough left in the tank to finish the season. It's time to play more D-Mo, Beverley, and Anderson.

Even though our Rox are inexperienced and playing with tired legs, I never question their will to win. Let's turn things around tonight.
    Rox WIN 99-95 :grin:

8. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Rockets are ranked 30th in the NBA in points allowed.

Dead last.

9. torocan

torocan Member

That's a misleading statistic as we also run the highest pace in the NBA (IE, more possessions for BOTH teams.

We are currently 20th in Defensive Efficency (103.8).

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

Our defense is below average, but not the worst.

10. ooll33

ooll33 Member

good luck to houston!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. pnr

pnr Member

I just saw Dallas beat Memphis and Minnesota in blowouts for their past two wins. Okay, we are toast.

12. Gil

Gil Member

Defense isn't going to magically improve in less than 24 hours.

13. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Thanks.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's one of the worst, we're still in the bottom 10. Our defense is horrible.

15. Mariachi ROCKET

Win Win Win!!!!

16. steady

steady Member

thanks for posting.

interesting to hear Carlisle talk about how playing with pace on offense but still being strong on defensive possessions is one of the hardest things to do in NBA. Jason Freidman also discussed earlier this wk how it is harder to play transition defense when you are playing a stretch offense like the Rockets do, especially when your guards are attacking the rim.

... I do think having a larger rotation would help.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's like picking the lesser evil
    getting burned to death or an arrow through the heart

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Any chance the broadcast team is known yet, it's only 2 games so we should have their 2nd best crew which should be Hubie Brown and Schulman if I'm not mistaken? JVG definitely doing Miami game so we better not get Jon Barry again :mad:

19. Franchize

Franchize Member

Bill Simmons giving the Rockets some recognition! About damn time they talk about us

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I believe it's Mike Breen and Hubie Brown, the best NBA game announcers. :)
    No Jon Barry, yay!!!! :grin: