1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. LAC

LAC Member

Being 0-8 in our last 8 meetings against the Mavs, perhaps I shouldn't be following the score tomorrow.

2. ptR91

ptR91 Member

yay hd tv! harden goes off like always! parsons gets praised for shutting down dirk! and delfino 3s!
    rocks win!

3. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

Comon, dont underestimate the man. Extrapolating to per36mins, he should have -

54 points
    18 assists
    18 steals.

4. LAC

LAC Member

The Rockets lost last 8 against the Mavericks...

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

Let D-Mo defend Nowitzki, german is never running in and just shooting step back jump-shots, he is slow and D-Mo or Ppat should be great on him. Just don't give Morris on Nowitzki, it will be disaster.

6. Blackfish

Blackfish Member

Dude he only plays for 1 quarter

7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Not a bad idea, my only concern would be DMo tends to get lost on defense and does not have a strong enough body to fight through screens on time.

Perhaps he should get a 3 minute run out in the first quarter so the coaches can gauge his effectiveness against dirk.
    He'd be used to guarding shooting PF's in Europe so it could be his first breakout game in his NBA career

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

I guess you're right about screens, but the overall picture looks pretty good. Nowitzki also is slow and bad in defense, D-Mo really can outplay him and he has court vision and pretty good passing skills for big men. There is clear that last couple of games Rocks have problems and need to try some rotation. But I guess McHale again would be scared to lose a game and would play starters for full time, what a shame :rolleyes:

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hope we'll get back to playing good basketball

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

If McHale had realized we lost in the 3rd, guys would still be fresh. Now we're dead tired so look for even less ball movement, less defense, all iso-ball, Harden getting his and McHale remaining stubborn while playing 8, maybe 9 guys if he feels like it.

Losing continues!!

11. Luca

Luca Member

Please do not put Morris on Dirk as he will get him into Rookies' foul trouble. He did it already to Iman Shumpert (who is a very good defender). Tighten the defence please.

12. jeddah

jeddah Member

Dear God I'm planning to wake up at 4am later to watch this game live so please take pity on me and let the Rockets win...amen

13. Luca

Luca Member

Really 4 am? Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

14. jeddah

jeddah Member

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia...

15. Luca

Luca Member

Nice.

16. jeddah

jeddah Member

When JLin was with the Knicks before I have to wait until 2am to watch his games live..now I have to wake 4am to watch Rockets game live..LOL...Saudi Arabia is 9 hrs ahead of Texas time..

17. Luca

Luca Member

I'm in HK and can watch while at work. It depends when I'm busy with work I cannot watch the games.

18. conquistador#11

medic! medic! can't stop the bleeding!

we need this one really badly. dirk is going to eat our puffy marsmallow "power forwards" alive! that cannibal.

19. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, but it is true even with his age.

20. jeddah

jeddah Member

Lol...hope ur boss won't catch u..actually my body clock is so tuned up that between 3:50 to 4:00 I'll be awake....hard to do it if they have a b2b games co'z I'll be spazzing at work due to lack of sleep...LOL...