1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/22/2014 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Adrien with 7 rebounds in only 12 minutes, Black with 8 in 15. Small sample size but I'd keep them, though Dorsey was blocking shots and didn't look too bad either. Daniels shot way too much in this game, but that's okay, shooters keep shooting.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Do try

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Anybody who has that video of Calvin & Doleman with the child in the back in full? I never heard about it until now, they said it went viral so it must be out there.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

McHale's coaching genius is the only reason our team was able to make a run and win the game.

5. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Preseason or not, do not let Rox fans watch back2back losses two nights in a row..

D has been looking good for most of the preseason, my mouth is starting to salivate for reg season :grin:

Game ball obviously goes to Canaan -stay Aggressive :cool:

#385 djperm, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  6. baubo

baubo Member

If we make the supposition that McHale sucks, then everything that happens on the court must come as a result of him sucking. It's foolproof.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Agreed.
    How about a McHale sucks thread. These guys can post before and after every loss or failure to win by more than 10 to keep themselves content.

8. gameme

gameme Member

I'm a fan of Daniels so hopefully he gets consistent playing time

9. izeroi

izeroi Member

Man that was tough to watch. Going to miss that partnership for sure.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks for posting. Doleman seems like such a straightforward, good man that it was even harder to hear he was moved down here for this gig. And showing Murphy with his daughters... showing the impact on his family. Doleman had to accept what was a tough role to play... straight man and set-up man to Murphy. He did it well. Liked how Murphy acknowledged that in basketball terms.

Good people lose jobs all the time, and Doleman will find something good soon (if he hasn't already). Good luck to both (and all who were impacted by this move).

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I know right? He seemed better his rookie year with us. Don't know what's going on with him.

12. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

That's why I like Papanikolaou so much. Looks like he's ready to move and be active on the floor to get the ball passing/moving, and help the playmaker make his move

We need more of that, but a lot of it has to come by design. We basically need a light version Adelman's offense where everyone is always moving and cutting and getting open to give the playmaker options instead of making him dribble/shoot. Passing is not valued enough on our team

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really excited to watch the growth/adjustment to the NBA from Papanikolaou. I feel like he'll be a very good bench player by the end of the year.

14. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Highlights?

15. The Law

The Law Member

I suppose I would be emotional about it but that was the first time I have ever seen a CSN Postgame Show. My illegal streams cut off long before the Postgame show starts.

#ByeCSN

16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Bill dolman was actually very good. Damn I hate it when talented people get screwed

Keep Canaan. Dump Ish.
    By u

17. rockets13champs

where are the highlights?

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Rockets are averaging 17.3 assists this preseason. Since 1959 only the 99 Hawks have averaged fewer than 18 and had a winning season.</p>&mdash; Kelly Scaletta (@KellyScaletta) <a href="https://twitter.com/KellyScaletta/status/525315988439719936">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Jeez man, sucks it had to go down. But gotta do what best for Houston.