1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/6/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He wasn't actually b****ing ... but he said it to the media..... he does not care where he plays instead of saying like I want to retire a Rocket that is what Scola said before.

And compare him to Scola's winning presence and hustle..... it is not even comparable. His attitude is a semi problem.... so given that he was never on Tmac's or Steve Francis' level, I couldn't care less about his soft antics..... He can't even get mad like a man. Some soft stuff.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ZERO effort on the road and laughing on the bench.... that had me

3. returningfan

returningfan Member

What a game. Bynum's ejection almost levelled the playing field in regards to the horrible ref calls.

All our guys seem to upping their game. Although I wonder about Patterson. He seems a bit lost lately.

Questions:

Who is Lee's back-up?

Is it only in the playoffs that a certain number of technical fouls means a player has to miss a game?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You aren't on the bench, you aren't in the locker room, you have no idea what his attitude is. All you are doing is making things up based on clips and snippets of which you have no idea of the context.

5. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do the Rox have to count Bynum's salary against their salary cap?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok that aside.... but injury prone he is throughout his career and for his 12 million contract. That is fact. I did not make that up.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What does he bring to the table in you opinion? ... if the refs took his flopping game and his shot is off? I want to know. :confused:

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is his worst season in years and he is still the most effecient offensive player on the team.

He scored 25+ three times against the Spurs this season, two of them wins who is a possible playoff opponent.

He dropped 32 on the Thunder in a victory over them earlier this season, also a possible playoff opponent.

He is a potent scorer, moreso than Lee.

If we have a matchup where the opposing team has a weak offensive perimeter player (Thabo in OKC for example, Leonard for the Spurs), that is a mismatch for us as Martin's defensive shortcomings can be overcome.

If Lee is struglling and his D isn't needed, having Martin as another option is a luxury.

So I don't really care if the fans can't stand Martin, he is still a potent offensive player who we desperately need if we are going to do anything this postseason.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't get me wrong. I kinda like him as a person, he is not a total ass.
    His game is just ugly to watch. He might still be efficient on O in some home games but his Defense is needed and not efficient AT ALL.

His offense is only needed when his shot is on and that off the bench during home games... for 12 million... an expensive treat.
    Playoffs are about intensity and aggressive play in 4th quarters ... that is not his forte.... so minimal minutes at best

In addition, he is not in shape and I doubt he will be in time for the playoffs. 10 more games... and staff already said he had some setbacks in his recovery.

10. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

People were down all year on Scola and Martin cursing Stern for nixing that deal.

Now Scola's regained his rhythm and meanwhile Martin has not had that opportunity yet. Everyone's singing Stern's praises now for saving Daryl Morey from himself. We don't know if Martin will do the same.

We've seen Scola-Camby but we have yet to see Martin-Camby yet I believe. Camby may help cover up for Martin's defensive deficiencies. Martin's a smart guy. If we ease him into the bench as he recovers, it'd be intriguing to see what he'd do. He's the closest thing to a volume wing scorer we have though. I believe he'll pull through if he recovers in time.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot when his shot off, his defender can shut him down easily in the 4th