1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Nash is a worse defender but yes. Conspiracy theories aside our backcourt needs to go hard all game.

2. jojolover

jojolover Member

Playoff starts now!!!

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Linsanity won't happen with Harden. Not to blame anyone but that's the way it is, at least for now. They need to get out of each other's way.

You can't have a beard and Lin it too.

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

The Rox are NOT winning this game... everything is set up perfectly for the NBA/Stern. Haven't you people read Donaghy's book? We had our chance last night and McFail screwed it up. And to those who say it doesn't matter because we'll lose in the first round anyway, I don't buy it. You win at least 2 games in the first round (quite possibly against Spurs) vs. getting swept (quite possibly against OKC), it changes the complexion of how the rest of the league views us in the offseason and onto next year.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

comon man...'easily' is like a metaphor here......in the context it means 'it could happen'...it doesnt mean though they will not have to run and jump and sweat and the win will be served on a silverplate...:grin:

6. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

The playoffs is all about winning. Any player or team or coach who doesn't want to win does not have any business to be on the team.

Obviously, Los Angeles has something at stake ---and they're playing in front of their home crowd-- a season finale, so they're coming in with an attitude "WE GOTTA WIN THIS."

The Rockets meanwhile I'm not so sure. They had already technically clinched a spot when Jermaine O'Neal interfered with the shot of Harden against the Suns, so they're quite relaxed already. It seems they didn't want to win the last game. So coming into this game, although it isn't the playoffs yet, it isn't quite evident yet that if the Rockets have the same attitude back against the wall attitude "WE GOTTA WIN THIS BADLY".

If by any chance the Rockets do want to win as badly as Dwight Howard and the Lakers, then the season finale should be some fun game to watch -- because both teams want to win.

I just hope the Rockets do want to win. THEY GOTTA WANT TO WIN. Else, they just might as well let Royce White play.

In the playoffs, there's no room for second place. There's only one winner, and the rest are losers.

I hope the Rockets WANT TO WIN.

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

why not? linsanity isnt something you can predict -something that relie upon circumstances...linsanity is something that simply happens inspite of the cirumstances

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

So when do we find out who officiates the game?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah right after I posted that I realized I misread. Apologies.

But in other news....I hope to see Lin take it to Steve Blake. Our backcourt is the only thing that can possibly get us the win tomorrow. Gotta take advantage.

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Definitely should have won last nights game against the Suns. One person having an off night is manageable, but Lin and Parsons won't be able to carry the game if both Harden and Asik suck. Now we have undue pressure to win against the Lakers

11. boiler

boiler Member

I just hope Lin will not have a slow start again, and won't simply disappear for a long stretch during the game.

12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Lin's shot has been off again recently, his production comes from drives to the hoop but he has been ineffective this year with that against shot blockers. Gasol and Howard will institute a "no-layup" policy tomorrow so I do not forsee Lin going into Linsanity mode. Not that it matters anyway because Harden will try to win the game himself, not realizing or not caring to realize, that he will not be getting any calls. I predict Joe Crawford officiating tomorrow, so no we ain't winning this game.

13. Fighton

Fighton Member

we run, and run, and run. push the pace, turnovers be damned.

they can't keep up with us, and they can't slow us down.

play half court game against two 7 footers running simple high pick and roll for harden/lin won't do jack squat. shoot lots of threes and run all game long. we make our threes at 40%, we blow them out.

14. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

If Stern is at his work, GSW will lose and Utah will win.

The game will end up with LAL winning by an inch.

OH GOD I hope this doesn't happen.

15. dchoye

dchoye Member

The fix is at the j*zz-Griz game
    When the j*zz lose Fakers make it in the playoffs and its just a casual game for the Rox
    However if the j*zz win
    Look for the most blatant ref fixing to get the Fakers in the playoffs

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Dwight chose LA over Houston.

It would be epic it we were the one's to knock him and the Fakers out of the playoffs.

17. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

18. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

19. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Is he actually eligible for post season play?

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

This it's confirmed, Nash doesnt have to play because everything is decided already. Lakers will get the 7th seed.