1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Have the scheduled the refs for this game

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Isn't it, tho. One thing I've discovered, if I ever want to feel worse than I already feel, I can always count on finding something here to do the trick. :(

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What happens if the Rockets pull off the unthinkable and beat LAL in LA...I think this in itself would be one of the greatest wins in this season(perhaps of Rockets History)...I do get that the Rockets are in the playoffs regardless, and some may think that this game really doesnt mean much...The Laker nation is on suicide watch...Beat this team with these circumstances that the Rockets are expected to face...with the entire Basketball nation tuning in...I think the Rockets can send a clear message to the league, its fans, and to opposing players...ie Dwight..."if we can beat you when your playing against us, imagine how good we can be if youre playing for us"
    I wanna see this upset...and I think it adds to this msytique of playing against the Lakers...The Rockets and Lakers have had some really awesome games...and Im sure this one will live up to its billing...Go Rockets...lets get this done...

The Key match up will be Asik and Howard...(i sadly suspect, that Asik gets in foul trouble early)
    A key secondary match up will be Blake/or Nash and Lin (I dont think Nash is going to be healthy enough to be a factor or even play and Lin has to play extremely well against these two!)...

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Rockets lose gets 8th for an automatic out with okc. Boring Utah lose misses playoffs, la makes it gets best position to advance and have a heroic story sans kobe. Sounds about right.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Damn I'm depressed

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the key to the game is our 4's limiting gasol's productivity from the high post.

and having JVG as our announcer :cool:

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets only have themselves to blame...

We've blown games against teams like the Suns twice, the Wizards, Raptors, Timberwolves, Kings, and even the Trailblazers a couple of times....

We shouldn't even be close to the position we're in, but that's just how it is...

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Being physical with Pau will get him out of rhythm...Rather have TJones on Pau than Greg Smith imo...

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

"what you say about my momma?.." haha ~ O Dog

11. Drphil

Drphil Member

Has he ever been to ESPN chat?

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

our team doesn't really know how to play defense. as far as this game, i could care less. either Utah or LA is going home...and i have no love for either. as far as who we face in the playoffs, does it really matter? we are toast either way.

1 person likes this.
  13. valorita

valorita Member

How epic would it be if Jeremy went back into Linsanity mode for this one game and we pulled out a win in LA whilst Utah beats Grizz to knock Lakers out.
    That to me would be just as good as winning a first round matchup.

14. Drphil

Drphil Member

You're not very positive are you?

15. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

fully expecting refs to put in work this game and lakers making it to the playoffs. it'd be weird to not see them there. love to see them get crushed in the playoffs doe.

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

many ppl doubted we can even reach playoffs...OKC -big deal...if they happen to be in a bad form/shape they can be easily beaten by us...

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

yeah!

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Easily? C'mon now...

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Per D'Antoni Steve Nash will not play in <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Lakers">#Lakers</a> last game vs Rockets</p>&mdash; Beto Duran (@DuranSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/DuranSports/status/324241131237941249">April 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Nash is out for tomorrow night.....we need to take it right at Blake all game