1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Just watched the game and pretty pissed off...

Harden started off well but kept on throwing alley oop passes to Asik!! Come on, you know he doesn't get off the ground that way!!! The Harden gets pissed off with Asik.

Jeremy played well at the beginning, penetrating and giving excellent "home run" passes to Asik and Greg Smith. Her took a couple of ill advised threes, wrong spot and time....

Then it happened. Harden went ice cold in the second half, just chucking up brick after brick. Thank god Parsons stepped up big time.

Lin got benched. I couldn't believe it, Mchale left it until 5 mins in the 4th quarter to bring in his starting PG who had been playing good.

PBev plays with a lot of grit and energy, but in all honesty he didn't bring a lot to the table in the second half apart from passing the ball to Harden all the time, which ended in bricks..

By then the flow of the game had changed, it was all ISOs and no good team passing or any pick and rolls (well good ones anyway) Lin came in and was rushing, jacked up three shots straight away, all terrible ones which then compounds his state of mind - as in I am playing like crap...and thus became very hesitant. Probably thought any moment now, Mchale is going to sub him out after those three bad shots.

Bottom line, as evident by what everyone is saying:

Mchale has no trust in Lin
    Harden Iso as much as he wants.

I saw in one of the last timeouts in the OT, Mchale was drawing stuff up, but no one was listening at all. Parson was talking to one of the other coaches and just walked off when Mchale was calling for a team huddle. half the team didn't bother to put their hand in either, very half hearted....Considering the situation there wasn't any intensity or let's go from the players at all :mad:

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

If you're going to use that word, at least spell it correctly.

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

That was kind of the point.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

They know the dude has no idea what he is talking about. I wouldnt listen either.

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Adleman last second plays were so much better.

6. carayip

carayip Member

A team with a supposed "closer" got beaten by a team without their "closer" lol.

Showed how that clutch stuff is overrated. If your team can execute plays, you don't really need a "closer" who just isos.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

THe embarrassment of losing to a team with Steve Blake can't be overstated.

When he is on the floor, Lin/Harden/Beverly need to take him to the rack because it is guaranteed to work every. single. time.

I don't understand how you can mess that up, I didn't watch the 2d half.

8. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Once the Rockets went stupid small ball it killed the mojo for the team..it just killed it. It was call after call and offensive rebound...but Still had a chance to win the game but gosh watching Harden at the end of the game made me SICK. Wasting the shot clock just dribbling and then pass it off to Lin or whoever else when their were very few seconds left in a bad position!

This game was really hard to watch and had a very good chance to making the Spurs series very good but now its the Thunder and it will be ugly. Lol when the rockets beat them..they played the best ball of their life's. They be lucky to win one game vs them.

Also for some of the people that said Asik is on Howard level or since we have him we don't need Howard..well last night games shows Howard make an impact when he's in full force.

9. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I didn't manage to catch last night's game, but from the comments in this game thread, it sounds like it was a disappointing match. I take heart in the fact that the Rockets are in the playoffs again! That's a huge positive result for this year's rebuilding effort, and we have bigger things to look forward to over the next few years.

Congratulations to every Rockets player, the coaching staff, and the front office guys.

And thanks to all of you amazing CF members who have contributed funny and thoughtful commentary throughout the season. Even some of the bickering was entertaining :p

Most of all, thanks to Clutch and the Clutch Crew for making this CF community a possibility. I haven't lived in Houston for many years, but I feel re-connected as a result of ClutchFans. Thank you.

10. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Again, the Rockets were playing GREAT coming out of the half.
    They were up by as many as 12 point with 4 minutes left.

They were playing Team ball. Everyone was touching the ball....Lin had 2 very nice assists and then it happened.

With almost 5 minutes left Lin was pulled, that's when the entire offense went to chit.

11. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

FIRE MCHALE!!!

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, I guess this is the official pile on the coach day at Clutchfans.

I'm not angry about last nights game, I am a bit frustrated because I always want the Rockets to win. But at this time I think it's important to understand that this is still only a partially rebuilt team. When the rebuild is complete this team will probably look much different than it does today. This team was never supposed to reach the playoffs. I credit the players and the coaches for a job well done this year, but the Rockets are in over their head trying to compete against the top teams in the West.

I think it should be noted that the things that are most troubling to many Clutchfans, are also the same things that coach McHale talks about in his post game interviews. McHale wants the ball to move, McHale wants more people involved on offense, but sometimes these things are easier said than done.

This group of Rockets didn't have the opportunity to Gel during training camp or the pre-season. McHale has been using a simplified offense because of the youth on this team and to utilize our best player as much as possible. But it's clear that this team as currently constructed just isn't good enough to beat good teams on a consistent basis.

The good news is that things will get better. Morey will make additional moves and the team will be more balanced. Players will gain experience and improve. The offense will be expanded as our talent level increases.

It's a frustrating day today, but until this team has been truly rebuilt I'm not going to get angry and throw people under the bus. I'm looking forward to the off season to see what moves Morey can make. I'm hoping whatever moves are made comes before training camp starts. I want to see a team that has an opportunity to practice and train together before they have to start playing games for real. I still think the future looks very bright for the Rockets.

13. Orange1

Orange1 Member

Our coaches must have a grand plan for these young players. It is a rebuilding year. They might as well test out on only one game plan all season to develop these players with non perfect coach experiences. Then boom. It will a perfect coaching and a fully developed young teams next year. :rolleyes:

14. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Regular season is over. They have plenty of time to Gel. There's a HUGE confidence issue here between the coaches and Lin throughout the entire season.

Trust and Effort is a 2 way street.

15. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

You are giving these coaches too much credit.
    I personally believe this team 'underachieved' with their personnel. I can count 10+ games where we lost to teams that are in the bottom of the barrel in this league.

That's unacceptable.

16. Orange1

Orange1 Member

Players cannot beat coaches. Lakers cannot beat great Kobe ISOs. Neither can Rockets beat their own ISOs. Whoever ISO.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10 games seriously? We would be a 55 win team according to you?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dwight was camped in the lane waiting for him, or Gasol - We had no perimeter shooting.

Live by the jumper die by it.

DD

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You say the future looks bright for the Rockets...and I do agree...but the real question should be..can the Rockets win a title with Mchale as the Head coach??? He played with the HOF team Celtics...but I dont ever think they exclusively used the ISO play an entire season as much as they did last night...

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Then challenge him the way that Lin did near the end of the 2d & draw the foul.