1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden got this team to the playoffs it's not even debatable. The games Harden won out number the games he failed us at the end. Rockets run no plays McHale is the reason for that so does it make sense to get made at harden for playing one on one? Simply no.

2. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

what a terrible way to end the season. We have ZERO momentum going into the post-season, and we fell into a death trap against the Thunder.

i'm a bit bummed that Harden couldn't get it done for us when we needed him. And McHale rode Lin for too long on the bench. Why leave him on the bench for that long and let him get cold? in the beginning of the game, at least he was making plays. You bring him in midway into the 4th quarter, and he's clinking all over the place. Asik and Parsons were rocks for us, tonight.

Just a bad way to end the season, even though we made the post-season, it's as if we shot ourselves into critical-condition.

i'll watch every playoff game, but i predict OKC in 5, 6 at best if Harden plays out of his mind like he did when he dropped 47 on OKC.

3. ERC

ERC Member

No play does NOT mean ISO. If anything, no play should mean even more ball movement. If you've watched the games, you should know this!!!

Sure, the Rockets would not have made playoffs without Harden. But no, Harden didn't make the playoffs by himself. Did you think we'd make the playoffs if our other 4 starters were T-Rob, D-Mo, Ohlbrecht, and Brooks? Please! :rolleyes:

4. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

?!?! Harden is not a franchise changer at this point. He's lucky to be on the rockets. If you trade him right now straight up for Kyrie Irving or John Wall....guess what??? Clevaland and Washington will still suck and probably be in the same exact place they are right now and out of the playoffs.

Don't act like he's single handedly carrying this team everywhere.

6. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Yes, you most definitely can. :cool:

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nope but look at Kobe's supporting cast the year the lakers missed the playoffs and you'll see the light. Guys were getting defensed so hard when the ball was moving it didn't amount to anything successful. Guys were freezing up on the perimeter and harden was forced to take things in his own hands.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

give the team some more credit. Rockets are the highest scoring team in the league and Harden is not the league's leading scorer. It's not like he drops 35 a game and this team has the highest scoring offense. And we dont even need to get into the defensive end.

Yes McHale needs to shoulder some blame. Look at Doc Rivers, just cause you got Paul Pierce doesnt mean you iso every freaking time. I remember Jeff Green getting a number of game winning shots. Pierce setting screens or finding Terry for dagger 3's late. McHale gotta get more creative and not take the easy way out.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

James Harden is ABSOLUTELY a franchise changer! We won the lottery when the Thunder gave him to us for basically nothing!

What do you think our record wouldve been with Martin instead of Harden?? Surely wouldnt be in the playoffs! We would probably be in the lottery, ending up with another pick in the 12-14 range... I like Lin, but he wasn't gonna change that, neither would Parsons, who i also love as a player!

To say hes on the same level as John Wall is insulting to him! Guy is the 5th leading scorer in the league!

10. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

he is a top 8 franchise player @ 24. Without him, the Rockets are a 30 win team.

you do realize that everyone feeds off of him, right? it takes time to set the table, not everyone can eat at once. be patient

11. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lin had a bad game ( but not as bad as it would seem)

Bev and Harden gave up 10 points combined to Blake(out of 24)

Bev had 2 fouls in the 4Q early which hurt us

Bev in 12 min. did not make a basket until last min. , he was in the 4Q

a real 4Q lineup
    Bev
    Lin - if Lin played the whole 4Q , he would have hit only 35:00 min.
    Parsons
    T-jones
    Smith

this lineup can keep at least a 7 point lead, until all the starter get back in

Lin shots in the 4Q

0/1- mid range 12 footer, bricked it

0/2- giving ball with 5 sec. left on the clock, misses contested bank shot

0/3- misses uncontested 3FG

0/4 giving ball with 4 sec. , shoots 26 footer as they trap him

0/5 giving ball with 4 sec. left ,drives right misses contested 18 footer

Lin missed 4 UNCONTESTED 3FG(2/7 3FG% overall)

12. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Harden counts for close to 13 wins
    K.Martin would count for 5-7 wins( hard to count Lamb as he has never played)

Rockets would have won between 34-38 =lottery team( 2013 draft is considered one of the worse)

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I am so god damn tired of that "sticky" line.

If you call for ISO's out of time outs every time, then you will get "sticky" basketball! You're the coach for God's sake! It's your job to do something about that. I predict all 4 games against the Thunder will be very similar to tonight on the offensive end.

14. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

How the hell could he say that? Did he say that to himself. How many times has he said it in this season? Did he take a deep look at his game plan(s) and rotation(s)? Mchale is one of few coaches blames it on the players. We are not talking about next season but the season that is just over. what's happened is what's happened. It can't lie. Please go back and take a look at the game plans and the rotations he had in this season before blaming it to the players. Oh Lord...

15. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

The shamelessness is just amazing

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like how we ended up with OKC. Losing to OKC is understandable, but losing to the Spurs would be debatable. I rather lose to Kevin Martin than lose to TMac and see him bark at our bench. I'm glad Pop got his wish, playing against a team that he dreads playing.

17. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Did Tjones get hurt? Why didnt he play 2nd half?

18. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Hi Honey Bear, whatever you're smoking, its good. Pass it round please.....

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Went to sleep, just learning of the outcome this morning. When I went to bed, the Rockets were in complete control, looked liked the better team, and were yet to play their best. Looks like things took a down turn. Really disappointing. I guess they hit a cold streak at the wrong time. Tremendous missed opportunity not to play the ailing Spurs. Sudden death to play the Thunder. They will sweep the Rockets and the season will end on a six game losing streak. Worst possible outcome. Sad.:(

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Retarted coach