1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/25/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2003.

1. poison

poison Member

We have won last season, and we will do so.
    Remember the time.:p

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The Rocket's have put up good fights against the Lakers in the past. I hope our Offense wakes up. We will need it...badly.

I hope this game is entertaining. i will be up at 4:30am watching it on Orbit ESPN in Saudi Arabia. This better be a good game since i will be awake so early for it.

Let's go Rockets!!!

3. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

Nothing to lose. Rox win.

4. prlen

prlen Member

"To get that kind of success, you have to have the desire to get there in the first place," Yao said. "I can only say that I don't want to lose. Every time I play, every time I go out, I don't want to lose. This is basketball. It's not soccer. There are no draws. "I don't know what that feels like (to change the game the way O'Neal does). I don't think I will until the day that actually is."

5. farhan007

farhan007 Member

you are wrong, becasue scoring 98 pts this year is literaly a dream

6. aznsexyboi

aznsexyboi Member

i will be watching the game in Taiwan in 8:30AM in the morning so this better be good...like Yao better score me a career high or something or dunk on Shaq :D Go ROX!

Rox 104 Fakers 99

7. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Yao will score at will. 10 face up jumpers right in O'Neal's face. 5 opportunistic dunks.

8. Charvo

Charvo Member

Rockets are a 8 point underdog currently according to the Vegas Stardust odds page at the Houston Chronicle website. It opened at 7 points. I think it may go to 9 points or even 10 by the time tipoff arrives. This is usually good for the Rockets if the public thinks the Rockets are going to get beaten to a pulp.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Rockets 84
    Lakers 83

10. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When the Rox beat the Lakers in the first matchup last year, I thought for sure that game would be a great springboard for a good winning streak. However, we proceeded to lose the next 4 games.

Hopefully we can upset the Lakers tonight and get on a serious roll this year.

Houston Native

11. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

For rockets to win, need to bring Yao out for some long jumpers. Shaq won't be able defend that.

12. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Yao needs to mix up his game more.. inside / outside (play to his strengths)

Hopefully the Rox will be hot tonight.. Yao should play more like Duncan.. Face up Shaq and take him to the rack. Or shoot jumpers over him and then drive and dunk on his head and yell in his face. haha

J

Go Yao! Go Rox! Go super Duper Backup Bench Brigade!

13. rlambs26

rlambs26 Member

I don't think that rox will win this game but still hope that yao can show his improvement since last season. Yao was nobody to Shaq last season...at the first meeting yao blocked couple shots against Shaq but...that's all...

so, I hope that for this game I want yao to show his improvement if he has some...

my wish is...
    yao got over 10P, 8R, 2A, less than 4 Pfs, and got 3 blocks!!!

but still Lakers will win....
    (however, I belive a miracle...)

14. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I said I wouldn't watch the game after the last few trainwrecks the Rockets have made me watch, but I'll watch them tonight. If this game is a repeat of all recent losses just on a different day, against guys in a different uniform, then I'll stop watching them til I start hearing about positive change coming from the team. Worst case scenario for tonight is though. They lose and struggle to score 80 again, I get so trashed and don't care or remember about the game til the following morning. Either way, it's all good.

16. fatman510

fatman510 Member

YES i got tickets to the game for christmas YES
    well i hope that the offense doesnt collapse like it has recently and I can see a good performance.

17. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

We are going to get killed...

The previous gameday threads I've been pretty optimistic or stoned... one of the two...

This one there is just no way around it. we aren't playing well enough to be the "elite" teams in the East right now, much less the Lakers...

So this is what I want for Christmas. Just one bad-ass high-light reel of Yao blocking Shaq. That's not asking too much. We get killed but Yao stuffs Shaq on a possession.

anyways... merry christmas...

18. Charvo

Charvo Member

Have the alcohol ready then.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

Shaq will try to abuse Yao down low and get himself into foul trouble. Payton will contain Steve but Cat and JJ will go off in this game. Cato wil have an above average performance.

Prediction: Rox 89 - Lakers 80

20. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

That's why we need a big loss today to be a syrong springboard to wake up for a playoff season.