1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/25/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2003.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm stocking up on Pepto Bismol since no store will be open Christmas Day. With Malone out and considering the way the Rocks have been playing, we should be able to stay within 15 points of the lakers per quarter. Of course, that leaves us with a 120-60 loss, but it is only one loss -- the same as if we lost it 101-100.

2. farhan007

farhan007 Member

yes, in order to win tommorows game steve has to do even better than his 44 pt 11 assits night. He needs to out perform kobe and glove. Its really going to take a miracle.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If Steve hangs onto the ball, as he is prone to do,then I predict 6 steals by Kobe. Steve will be double teamed by Peyton and Koby.His only hope is ball movement. JVG wont be a happy camper after this one. He will realise that even he has taken on an almost impossible task.

4. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Shaq will still get his points cause it's impossible to stop him. However, I think Yao will still have a good game cause the Lakers don't double team other centers.

5. Alibabayomama

Alibabayomama Member

Yao:

16 pts
    8 rbs
    2 blk
    3 ast

Shaq:

31 pts
    11 rbs
    1 blk
    2 ast

And Boki dunks on Shaq's head;)

6. rvpals

rvpals Member

I predict Yao takes it to Shaq and win the game tomorrow almost single handedly. Pike raining down 3s and great ball movements.

Realisticlly, we have a chance to win since this year we have better perimeter shooters than last year, and we won last year.

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

averaging last seasons scores from the 4 meeting it looks like the lakers will win 99:98:(

i hope im wrong:)

8. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Yao as usual, 12 points, 8 boards, no more,no less.

9. BigRay

BigRay Member

I agree, but we should try to play that Van Dumby style the 1st quarter and if it doesnt work give the KEYS to Steve Francis and lets see if he can prove he still the FRANCHISE!!!!(I mean what do we have to lose?):confused:

10. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

I actually think that we might win this one. Francis knows that this game is on national tv and everybody will be watching. He wont want to look bad so we might win. 84-79 Rox:cool:

11. ghost2003

ghost2003 Member

Rox - 68
    Lakers - 87

If the results go beyond my prediction (Lakers by 20+ pts), then I'm not going to watch any Rox games this season and officially call them a pathetic team.

12. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

The game will start off close but the Rox will score about 5 points in the 2nd quarter in route to being blown out. Rox make it look somewhat respectable after the Laker scrubs play the entire 4th qtr.

Lakers 90 Rox 76

13. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Yao will do well against Shaq and fools everyone here once again, of course except danyojo.

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Oops, never meant to be a response to you, bigballer. :D

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

A thrashing for the ages.

Rockets: 69
    Lakers: 129

Merry Christmas to all.

16. max14

max14 Member

My first Rockets game in a long while (I have to sneak into my professer's house), I'm keeping the fingers crossed.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Lakers 79

Rockets 64

I'm betting it will be similar to the indiana game. The Rockets never have a chance they stick close for the majority of the game. But never have a shot cuz when theyre down by 4 points it might as well be 8.

18. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Unless something freaky happens (like the stars aligning in a weird way), this game should be over by half time.

19. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

While everyone is predicting a lop-sided loss. I'm one of the very few that still has faith in the rockets. So i'll predict a win

Rockets: 102
    Lakers: 99

Very close game but Mo Taylor will be the deciding factor down the stretch. Then everyone will say the rockets are a 6th seed team and that Van Gundy is doing a great job with this team and after all that, we'll lose to denver.

20. Sane

Sane Member

If we move the ball a lot, we may have a chance to win. In a slow halfcourt set, Kobe, Shaq and Payton will dominate their positions. Shaq outscored Yao 70-18 in head to head matchups.

Hopefully, we can take advantage of our advantage at PF (RARE for us).