1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/25/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I've watched JJ do it a number of times this season. I think the first game I saw it was the Clippers game in LA, but I may be mistaken. I know it was on the road and it surprised me when it happened.

It looked like JVG tried to change tactics to start the second half anticipating that the Lakers would adjust to the pick and roll. Maybe he was overthinking it a bit. The pick and roll for the Rockets last night was like the old wishbone in college football. Line it up 50 times and run the same play. If the other team can't stop it, why bother changing what you are doing.

Plus, it seemed pretty obvious the Lakers would make at least one run. The Rockets managed to weather it.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Framchise looks evil in that picture. I like it!

3. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

4. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

At least JJ don't turn over the ball or commiting a lot of 8 sec violation by doing that. He should do that more. Actually, when Mooch get in, I would rather let JJ bring the ball up court every time.

5. farhan007

farhan007 Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

fire in his eyes... Hes determinded!!!

7. farhan007

farhan007 Member

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

BRAVO, GREAT GAME!

9. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

:mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

They should win without Malone, they still only have 3 future hall of famers.

We won this game fair and square:)

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was pleasantly surprised to see us execute the pick and roll so well in the 1st half. The ball movement was pretty good too which resulted in better shots. The defense was consistant and most importantly we didn't collapse under pressure.They missed Malone but had 3 all stars with them and I didn't think we would win because of their greater talent level.
    Hopefully this will come as a morale boosting win. We need to keep on working hard to get better.

12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I really hope Yao isn't learning any English from Steve. I think only about half of what Stevie says can be considered English.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Oh yeah...you got me there. I am a total Yao basher....:rolleyes: (That is sarcasm).

I criticize the players when they play bad, not when they nearly have triple doubles. I love each Rocket equally...well not all of them (minus Moochie, amaechi etc.)

14. montelwilliams

Rockets are 3-6 in last nine games. Beating a Malone-less Lakers, who are struggling as of late, is not that impressive. Rockets are still in a slump.