1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/9/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Can't predict this game, it all comes down to the officiating. Sad to think how much of our success is based on the refs, but it really is very true.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is gonna be a tough game. We can win, but we can also lose. Obviously we have a better team which hasn't play well, though.

McGrady gotta be agressive and Yao has to play better. Obviously Ron can slow down Kobe but he need to show that.

Come on Rockets ! Make it 5-2!

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If p***y-Yao shows up again we will lose by 20.

4. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Obviously you are Dirk. ;)

5. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

some ppl got my hopes up for shane returning.
    but then i remembred shane hasnt even practiced
    with the team yet.

:mad:

hopefully he'll be back after this road trip.
    we need to win 2 of the next 3!

6. HombreDeHierro

This game depends on which Yao shows up....

the one that plays like a Shawn Bradley or the one that plays like Hakeem-lite?

7. HombreDeHierro

ROFL im guessing you don't play basketball.

8. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Tmac was clearly ill against the clippers. hopefully with the two day rest he will get better. back to what he was playing like on offense prior to that.there are a few key matchup issues.

Who is going to guard ariza off there bench. i hope it's not barry becayse trevor will have a field day. what about lamar odom? we dont have anyone off our bench that can go with him. we need hayes to put on gasol. right now were not playing at a level to challenge those guys.

Keys

Tmac must attack the basket to put put pressure on there primeter players. hopefully get them into foul trouble

Yao needs to get out of this funk and dominate bynum. yao needs to get bynum into foul trouble and make bynum become less aggrassive on offense.

Hayes and scola must take gasol out of the game. if you watch the lakers, gasol is like there playmaker. not only does he score well, but he sets up alot of there offense for a guy .

9. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

my prediction: Ron will play 45+ minutes if Rox wants to win.

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

lakers and rockets are very similar- great SGs, good centres/PFs, mediocre PGs and both teams are deep. the difference is they move the ball around and we dont. so as much as i hate to say it, lakers will beat the rockets.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I think the Lakers are playing better than us right now. Let's just hope that we don't get blown out of Staples Center without putting up a good fight.

110 - 84, Yao will get rim-blocked at least once.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rockets always seem to play at the level of thier opponents, so I expect it will be a good game.

13. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

Whens Battier coming back :(!!

I wish he was able to play and shut down kobe.....him or Ron....

14. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

this will be our toughest game. our midget pfs are gonna have to crash the boards vs pple bigger than them and can avg 10rpg.

tmac has to step up his game on both ends of the court. i dunno if hes able to but if he can we could use it.

tough for yao too. being guarded by pau and bynum. but we got ron on kobe, shane is a better option believe it or not but im okay w/ ron guarding kobe

watch out for odom. if tmac cant chase him then we're in twuhbull. unless landry or scola do their thing

cant wait to see the game tho. tmac vs kobe but of corse tmac has an excuse to suck in this game.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

well when you play this poorly as a team.. you do risk having your fate be determined by the officiating..

16. skyline

skyline Member

The game is in LA so the officiating will be bias. And the Lakers have been playing better then us but I still think rockets can pull it out. Either win or lose the game should be good learning experience so the team can progress.

Go rockets!

17. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

5-2
    Rockets rock!!

18. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Lakers got a loooong rest before this game

19. killlogan

killlogan Member

We may win the game if deke gets signed before it starts. In other words, Yao is not enough to stop Pau and Bynum or even Odom eating up our paint.

20. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

we kill them certainly,give them first loss :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.