1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I do think Lin is the type of athlete that feeds off of the energy of the crowd... During linsanity, in particular the lakers and mavericks nationally televised game and the Toronto game (nothing is going to drive you more than hearing cheers as part of the visiting team) those arenas were rocking. If there were a strong contingent of Lin fans at Portland, that may explain a bit of his renewed energy on the floor. That is why I would be very interested in how he performs tomorrow at Staples: in LA (akin to NY), large Asian fanbase, against the lakers, in front of D'antoni, and pissed off as hell about being benched by his INTERIM coach. I really hope he goes off tomorrow.

2. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Hardens (23) young, fast, and on the up and up, Kobe's (34) on the decline....Kobe is still Kobe, but if Harden is everything we hope he his, we'll find out soon enough! :cool:

3. awarde2

awarde2 Member

What poor stats, his shooting. He has gotten strong in the defensive game, he is #7 in assist/stls in the league. So peddle that nonsense someplace else. As if the Lakers are doing so much better. They don't even have a bench. Lin coming off the bench for the Lakers would be an improvement.smh

4. lfw

lfw Rookie

Is it safe to assume that Sampson is going to sit Asik or Lin to close out games now?

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i have no doubt harden has at least jordanlike potential...however it will still take some time to develop his game and team chemistry...in houston i think he has everthing that he needs...nice squad to play showtime game and win several championships....

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Parsons is next.

7. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Asik will get in foul trouble early... Book it.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

:grin: I love reading some of these posts

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Poor mediocre? Does that mean poor? Or mediocre? Mind=blown. Your detailed analyse is beyond my comprehension. Thank god we have box scores. How would we evaluate players without them??

10. awarde2

awarde2 Member

It's almost as though Sampson is trying to tank the games purposely. I think he is doing it to pad Harden's stats for All-Star seat.LOL

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

12. highlander3128

While we are at it, let's start TD against the Fakers.

13. ooox

ooox Member

Other way around buddy. Kobe this season is shooting 53% and 41% from 3 while James Harden is chucking up shots like there's no tomorrow at a low percentage. 44% and a pathetic 25% from 3.

14. BeardlyBeardman

Did T Jones get any minutes last night? I missed it.

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

16. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Looks like Rockets has no intention to use Lin as a PG. Why no trade him to Lakers to get an all-star like pau.

Hope Lin scores 20 pts and 10 assis, 10 rebounds, 5 steals to justify his trade value.

Go Lin! I am sick of stupid Rockets coaches.

17. Luca

Luca Member

I can't wait and as much as i like Asik but I think Diva12 will smack him.

18. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Maybe we can trade Lin back to the NYK for Felton. It's the only way to get rid of the 12ers. ;)

19. Luca

Luca Member

Agreed.

20. MKL

MKL Member

Instinctively, Sampson knows Douglas is his guy in the clutch.

So, look for Lin in garbage time.