1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/30/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2007.

1. johnrox

johnrox Member

if tmac starts closing out consecutive games with authority, that is when i truly will believe that the rockets will win the championship. until then, rockets will be a wonderful team in the west, but not the prohibitive favorite.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The reason Yao and Tmac play a lot of minutes is because we want to maintain the lead or keep it up...which is what i like to see. JVG did the same thing too...each game is different. If we got a huge lead...of course RA will rest Yao more. And RA is very smart with playing Battier heavy mins because of Kobe...so it all depends on how the game went.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

but the refs don't freakin' call it so they keep doin it.

tmac was pushed out of bounds on one play and he just smiled at the refs. kobe breathes and it's a foul.

but tmac does not whine so that's a good thing. i hate whiners

4. Crudder

Crudder Member

A few things I wanted to mention about the game I didn't see yet...

Besides the usual Shane is great with the game winning shot (btw, some of you were talking about trading him earlier in this very game lol)...

First quarter seemed really lackluster but Tmac and Yao got it going afterwards and things seem to go decently. I enjoyed Tmac's fire for 2Q and 3Q but 4Q he was being double teamed like crazy.

While I am no huge Kobe Bryant fan by any stretch of the imagination, did anyone else see him slam the ground with his hands as Tmac was bringing the ball up on the last possession to Shane? Regardless of what you guys say about him, you gotta love his competitive spirit regardless of if he is a whiner or not.

Anyways, I'm glad to have the win and I'll take it anyday.

5. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Yeah I seen that, but I figured he was just slamming the floor out of frustration because the game wasn't going his way. He whines like a little girl the whole damn game. Seriously does he whine this much everytime he loses a game or only when he loses to the Rockets? It actually became comical towards the end of the game. :eek:

6. akuma

akuma Member

i guess someone needs to find that magic basketball for Rafer to touch.

7. laowan

laowan Member

Game Leaders
    HOUSTON LOS ANGELES
    Points T. McGrady 30 K. Bryant 45
    ReboundsY. Ming 12 K. Bryant 8
    Assists R. Alston 8 K. Bryant 4
    Steals B. Wells 3 K. Bryant 4
    Blocks Y. Ming 3 K. Bryant 1

8. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Lol
    Game leaders : Kobe.
    Game winners: THE ROCKETS!

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Can't be too happy with the win if you think that if Kobe hadn't been so uncharacteristic in missing so many free throws, we woulda lost...

10. Barak

Barak Member

Los Angeles Bryents....
    The guy took almost every second shot in the game with quite bad %tage.
    This is the power of team work!!!111 :D

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

I wouldn't gloat too much. Rockets only just won and Fakers were missing Odom.

12. Sextuple Double

Thank you Luke Walton and Kwame Brown for giving T-Mac that free basket. Those 2pts are the difference in the final score :D

Great D, offense full of potential. Too many turnovers but thats understandable this early. We see what happens when we take care of the ball. We could've run away with this game if not for untimely 4th quarter turnovers.

Bench scoring was essential, though from only 2 players. But how many times could we get 20 from the bench last year. As long as we keep Rafer under 20min we'll be fine at the point.

Do the refs have something against Adelman everytime he plays LA? At one point during the first Laker comeback midway thru the 4th they were getting calls that rivaled 2002 Game 6 West Finals.

I wish the announcers would stop comparing us to the Kings. We are NOT trying to be like them. We don't have a C-Webb or a Divac to make that kind of offense work like that. These guys trying to make it sound like we have identity crisis. WTF they mean talkin about whether we're a defensive team or we gonna be uptempo!!?? :mad: :mad: Just STFU and stop talkin blatant stupid s***!!! We just trying to get the feel for a new offense. Duuuuhhh dummies!!!!

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Is there a bigger cry baby on the planet than Kobe? Honestly, it's over the top ridiculous. He makes Dirk, Duncan and Sheed look average. What's worse is it works too. It's undeniable that the officials are intimidated by him.

Anyways, 1-0. It was ugly, sloppy and barely watchable at times but i'll take it. It was great to see Yao and T-Mac playing at their usual high level combined with our stellar bench play. Bragging about our bench play is a luxury Rockets fans haven't had in years!

14. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

Yes the first win is here. Loved the Dunk of the night. Kobe tought he was gonna block it and then T-Mac switched it to his left. Anyway didn't see the game, but the recap on nba.com was exciting. Thursday i can see the Utah game, the first of the two they show overhere this month :).

15. abcmemory

abcmemory Member

Francis is a crying baby who needs some cuddling right now. Rick Adleman has to stroke his pride and ego like a child's. Maybe then he will wipe off his tears and try to play hard.

16. richlordisgay

richlordisgay Member

Why the hell was Francis laying down the entire f*cking game??? Get off your a$$ and join your teamates you selfish piece of $HIT!!!!! What a cancer.

17. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Kobe's complaining that he hasn't complained enough!

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

That must be sarcasm.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

kobe could have gotten some Ts. everytime tmac had a foul on his jumper, kobe would complain and complain.

this is a small thing that i've noticed. in a minute to a 2 minute span, mike james and luther head were open. defender coming to mike, and mike shot the 3 and didn't pass it to head. (mike made the shot) battier and head were open. defedner coming to battier, and he shoots the 3 and didn't pass it to head. he made the shot. maybe i'm just worrying to much, but what happened to that "extra pass" not to mention, rafer still bricking up 3s.

hayes reminded me why i love him so much. he always end up with the extra possesion with a tip or a O rebound. everyone looked so nervours in the free throw line. mike james missing his, kobe missing some, yao missed his 2nd.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I'm glad we won, I was impressed with Yao and the midrange jumpers are going to start falling. I definitely like Yao not having to bang on every possession, everyone knows this takes a lot out of him.

Rafer is rafer, let it be. At some point, other coaches are going to force him to shoot and will live and die with Rafer beating them.