1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/30/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2007.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Rafer finished with 8 assits 7 boards, 5 pts on 1/5 shooting along with 4 TO
    James had 2 assits, 2 boards, 3 steals, 3 TO and 13 pts on 5/10 shooting.

James did score more, but look at the stats, if you give alston C+, James is C+ too.

I didnt like James knucklehead play in the first half at all. Dude thought it was going to be his night to look good on National TV. Obviously got spanked by RA in the locker room during the half time. 2nd half he toned down, did what he supposed to do, much better. Still missed 2 FT, clutch time.

2. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

A win is a win, but 12 point lead gone in less than 2 minutes to go
    makes me worry about this team. I hope it was because of players
    still not getting use to the new system. :eek:

3. snc

snc Member

The first half was really hard to watch... I felt RA was kind of at a loss, maybe realized why JVG looked so f-ing stressed all the time with these guys. Real glad we pulled it together, even though we had our vintage 'Houston Rockets 4th Quarter Scare'.

Great shot by Shane but Yao was MVP tonight.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again, yao was not fatigued. playing him in the high post a lil bit removed some of the banging that he would have had to endure. he looked great to finish the game.

tmac looked fine throughout the game b/c he didn't create a lot.

more mins, but more defined responsibilities.

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Even though I'm glad we came out with a W, I'm worried about the level of play. If they can play like they did in the 2nd-3rd quarters, and finish games strong (or even just intelligently), we'll be in good shape. If we have those lapses against a good team like Utah, we're in for a long night.

6. Tmac'sJealousy

BOOZA HAD A HUGE NIGHT 2NITE..
    47 HAD A HUGE NIGHT 2NITE
    RONIE BREWER WAS HUMONGOUS 2NITE.

WOW... WE ARE GOIN TO HAVE OUR HANDS FULL.

WILLIAMS DERON... HE COULD VERY WELL BE BETTER THAN PAUL CHRIS.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I am a supportive fan. But my alliance is with the Houston Rockets, not Steve Francis. What Steve Francis did tonight was just childish. Out of all the point guards in the preseason, he was the one having a difficult time grasping the offense. So instead of learning the offense more and improving his game, he continued to play HIS game. He's even quoted on saying that in the Chronicle.

I typed "he's not franchise anymore" because he's living the lifestyle like he is. He's throwing weekend long parties, making silly quotes about how he didn't come here not to play. No one is going to hand him a starting job or a place in the rotation. He has to earn it through impressing the coach.

And don't tell me that "he came here as a free agent on his own will, so he's right to expect playing time." I'm sick of that line as much as you are with the whole "he's not franchise" thing. He came here knowing that Mike James, Rafer Alston, and Aaron Brooks ALL played his position. So he signed a free agent contract to COMPETE. Even his secondary position (the 2 guard) was loaded when he signed. Bonzi, Head, McGrady, Snyder.

Francis KNEW he had to compete for playing time. Unless, he thought he still ran Houston like the Franchise.

Well, we all know now he didn't play well enough to earn playing time. What should he do? learn the offense, show it in practice because pre-season came and went. What does he do? Make it public that he isn't happy with no PT.

If he's matured as much as he says he has, why was he not cheering HIS TEAM on? I don't care how you're related to the Rockets, if a shot like Battier's goes in that situation, you just jump for joy. Your team just hit a big shot to win the game. the WHOLE bench jumped...street clothes, warm ups...it didn't matter they ALL cheered. Francis?...stared at the ceiling because he didn't play.

Even if Adelman gave him PT just to keep him happy...wouln't he feel like crap in the way he got on the court? Not through playing well, but through wining.

If he's going to act like that...ship him. The Rockets need another big or swingman anyway.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

No more wrestling down low for Yao means more playing energy for him. It's a good sign.

But Lakers are Yao's biatch. Phil J dont like doubling Yao. So we still shall see if this trend continues.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rafer Alston is terrible. He can't shoot. He doesn't make good decisions. He's a bad ball handler when pressured. He can't create his own shot. He can't create for others. He can't penetrate. He can't play defense. He made Derek Fischer look like an all-star tonight. How much more of this is it going to take for people to finally conclude that Rafer is just not a good player?

I don't understand how or why anyone could defend him. The Rockets are trying to contend for a title, but that won't happen with Rafer on the court. Luckily, this team is loaded at the point guard position.

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

Honestly, it was a fun game to watch. A close game is better than a blow out from a fan perspective. Although it was much more fun that we won in the end. Really, all that matters is that we rack up enough wins with descent seeding in the playoffs and turn it on from there.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

James was 4-6 from the floor, including 3-4 from long range in the first half. I don't think I really need to say much else.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA > MLB
    by far

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

Bottom line, the good guys WON, that's all matters!

For those who whined and moaned how Kobe was better than T-mac, i suggest you all go and join the fakers' forum!

14. snc

snc Member

I'd also like to add I think it's weak I got kicked out of the chat for saying "dunk that ****!" after Yao got fouled on a weak lay up. :rolleyes:

15. choujie

choujie Member

Your espectations are way too high. Tim Duncon would have scored B- too if that's your expectation.

And your expecation on James is too low. 2points, 1 rebounds, 1 assists, 1To , 2 missed crucial FTS, holding the ball for 10 seconds and put up a 30 feet long jumper, that's all Mike James did in 2nd half. Yet, he gets an A???

Anyway, scores should not be given based on expectation, otherwise I'd call Portland a better team than Spurs tonight.

16. johnrox

johnrox Member

send this to adelman, stop trying to convince us

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Easy.

Despite poor shooting, he had 8 assits and 7 boards. He is a better ball handler than the other two. Not saying he is in Nash's league. But if you have to pick one out of 3 bad apples. Rafer is probably the least rotten one.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

He was sulking. **** this guy!

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I think he got carried away by his success in scoring. In two particular back to back plays at the end of the 1st half, he was just dribbling, looking for his own shots. I do notice Yao and Tmac were both out then, but still that kind of mentality irks me.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

not when the team has not grasped the offense. we need to depend on them for the first month. when the team gets it going, tmac and yao will play less.