1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Chandler did pretty against Kobe his rookie season. Every season thereafter has been a defensive regression. Every time we played OKC, Durant's over-under point total was a legit 37.

2. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

It was nice to have Lin on our side for once.

2 people like this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

Ariza was awesome knocking down the open 3 and playing within the system. His defense on Kobe was solid, but not spectacular.

However, I was also impressed by K-Pap, even though his shot was not there and he fouled a lot. active on the boards, pushing the ball, driving. he reminded me a lot of parsons. The Small Forward production will be better this year over 48 minutes, I am certain.

4. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

Man, there were so few rockets fans in the stadium tonight. It really felt great to be one of the only sporting a D12 jersey and defending the team at every moment I got. My takeaways from the live game (please take into account that I was not 100% sober the whole time): I was disappointed in Kpap - thought he'd do better, Harden was absurdly impressive, moreso than I thought, Dwight did ok, but should have dominated more, JET was outrageously amazing, Ariza did more than I expected, and Harden still has not proven to me that he can play defense.

Otherwise, I was happy to talk s**t to Lakers fans all night :)

5. JazzLakerHater

I never want to discredit a win, but I'm not sure what to make of the teams performance tonight, the Lakers are just that bad. I think they're by far the worst team in the West.

6. Nook

Nook Member

They won a game they were supposed to win and avoided injury. You smile and move on.

The West is extremely competitive, an injury or poor effort in aaa few games can be the difference between a #3 seed and missing the playoffs.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Ariza is a much better fit than Parsons.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I always feel like the jazz manage to play us tough no matter how crappy their team is, but it's looking like our first semi real test won't be until game 5 against Miami. Followed by 2 real tests in SA and GS. And the more I look at it after that, it seems we have a fairly cushy first quarter of the season. Hopefully we take care of business when we should like tonight.

9. baubo

baubo Member

The ability to destroy bad teams, on the road no less, is a sign of a very good team.

1 person likes this.
  10. butterball

butterball Member

Sloppy game but its the first game of the season. The most important thing is that the Rockets won and the defense looked stifling so everyone gets a pass. Hopefully the bench pulls itself together before the next game. I have a lot of faith in the young guys and so I'm not really worried about Dmo, Black, Daniels, Bev or Pap just yet.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Not impressed at all with the win, though the referees were trigger happy again, sheesh..I liked our 3pt shooting, nothing was forced really. Terrence Jones was a beast, Ariza was as we expected and better, Terry was alright and Papa was solid with his cuts and overall body movement. Harden had his moments but coasted through most of the game, which makes the 32 points all that more impressive. Howard got some silly fouls called, simply because it's LA but also did not play well. D-Mo was utterly crap, how does a guy 7 foot play that small and try to act like he's a guard at times?

Biggest problem is still coaching though: we should've blown them out way more and while our defense was solid, offensively there were stretches where Harden was T-mac like, just resting and not involved while others went 1-on-1. Coach needs to have a freaking playbook and Harden needs to commit when Howard is not on the floor. Hope we look better against the Jazz. Also, how come Garcia still cannot get any freaking playing time? Give the guy a freaking break..

1 person likes this.
  12. FeaR

FeaR Member

Ididn't see it posted
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GY5QMy1gdOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm just watching the game right now. What a nice play off the timeout to end the 1st half! Misdirection resulting in the inbounds to TJones and the handoff to Harden.

So the Rockets can run plays after all ... nice

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Bev did not have a good game. When Howard sat down in the 3rd, offense stagnated because there was no playmaker other than Harden.

I would put in Terry or Papa in. DMo was invisible.

15. PeppermintCandy

I remember that first game Harden had as a Rocket where he went for 30 plus points, and everyone was like "holy crap! Morey is a god!"

Now, it barely gets a mention. Just another day at the office.

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

+1

fat parsons < non contract year ariza

Who knew

17. Voice of Aus

I have watched this 3 times now, those step back threes are ridiculous, I know he won't be able to consistently hit them but OMG that's a hard shot

18. jae713

jae713 Member

That is the first thing I noticed. Before Dwight got in foul trouble, the offense was going through him. The overall demeanor of the team was all business like. Hope it continues.

19. FeaR

FeaR Member

I think he hit them(Step back J) in a high clip last year.

20. Voice of Aus

Don't want to be a downer but I was talking more about the playoff series when he seemed to be very off on his shot.