1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>1 down 81 to go!!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedNation?src=hash">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/527345277670146048">October 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we have stars. Who knows what a healthy Springer will do over an entire season. Dude hits bombs. Howard and Foster aren't shabby either.

3. i3artow i3aller

What the hell is this?! :confused:
    [​IMG]

4. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

60% sure Dwight is probably gonna get suspended after the League reviews the play

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I thought the game was great. Things I didn't like - TJones shooting outside shots; poor FT shooting as a team

Things I liked - very little "sticky ball"; K Pap with his awesome passes; timely 3 point shooting. TJones scored his points in the flow of the game. 2nd unit with Harden at the PG

Concerns: we do need to get a backup point. If we run Harden at the backup PG rest of season, then I question what that does to his durability down the stretch.

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

That guy is a cool follow. Don't see that happening though.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This was the first game I've seen the Rockets play, with McHale as the coach, where it reminded me of the 80s Celtics teams. The ball movement early in the first quarter is exactly what I expect to see this team do all year.

I was thinking we'd be a low post offense before things got started, but we are a ball movement team. That's our personality if the players buy into the offense McHale is obviously coaching.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree with the post that says he is attempting to uphold an "image"
    He is still one of the most popular sports figure in Asia and across the globe.
    An image of tough, gritty player that can score in bunches, is clutch and still can will his team to the playoffs

In reality it is an old man making those statements, he is really glad that he is still playing in a highly competitive league, can stay on the court.

That old man should cherish the game but Kobe won't change who he is.

Kobe is that dude that is keeping himself going, keeping himself ready to compete and not back down otherwise he would have left the game. He has made enough bucks.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Related to basketball I guess? Not sure lol

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Underrated player tonight was Tarik Black. Good minutes from him with solid defense.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm happy we won, but I thought we didn't really play that well on offense in the first half, we should have been up like 25 points on them. Dwight's free throw shooting was horrible and maybe a little too much iso for Harden.

I'd like to see us against a contender team. The Lakers were horrible, it's basically Kobe on full jack mode and a bunch of scrubs.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Exactly. I choose to dwell on the positive these days. One of these days, one of those 3 teams is going to break through to the top. I just don't know when, or which one.

13. benchmoochie

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Solid way to start off the season. Excellent games from Harden/Ariza/Jones. Horrible FT showing from Dwight and a couple of weird calls against him tonight but that's par for the course I suppose. He can't get into foul trouble very often since we aren't as deep this year.

KPap seemed nervous in the first half but made some good plays in the 2nd. Pleasantly surprised that Terry was able to give us some good shots, would be great if he was able to contribute off the bench somewhat consistently.

Not the best showing from DMo, but again, par for the course.

Really stupid Dwight/Kobe thing. A big man should have the right to clear space, thought it was insane how he got a foul on that. As a big guy you are taught to swing elbows to get people out of your grill. Didn't even think about the league suspending him, I can't see how they could, I'm not even sure what they expect Dwight to do? If a guy is harassing you after you grab a board do you just have to give it to him? He was just protecting the ball... ah well.

Lastly, heart goes out to Julius Randle, really too bad to see an injury like that to a promising young player especially in his first game. He'll be fine though.

Yup. So glad he's out there instead of Dorsey.

1 person likes this.
  15. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Happy with a win.

Starters looked good. Ariza definitely earning his contract. Hopefully the bench kinda plays itself into shape cause I have no confidence in those guys right now. Sucks that Harden or Howard pretty much have to be on the floor if we want to get any points up.

16. benchmoochie

Black played well; really key minutes when Dwight went down.

17. TheresTheDagger

Anyone else annoyed with all the interviews and conversation about the Abbott article on ESPN?

I mean the entire 1st quarter was dedicated to making Kobe look like the poor innocent victim with the Jeannie Buss interview and more.

Sickening. Geez TNT. Give it a rest already. We know you slurp for Kobe.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Chandler who?

Trevor 3ZA holds Kobe to 19 points while Ariza banks 16 of his own while
    shooting 60% from the arc.
    I don't recall Parsons ever shutting down Kobe (of course, I know Kobe is
    coming back from an injury) But let's enjoy it while we can

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Speaking of Parsons....

He had a last second chance at a game winner for his new Mavs.
    Oooops.....clanked it off the front of the iron.

Could have been voted for Mayor of Dallas if he had made it.
    He now makes more $$ than Dirk. Better start making some clutch shots.

20. calcium

calcium Member

Well done, team.

Was a tricky game with all to lose and not much to gain.
    Not much glory in bashing a team who will be competing with the Jazz to be the bottom
    Western conference team :)

I think if we keep the minutes management not too much more than this, I'd be happy
    and the team will go far (further).