1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

You do know that you guys will always stay delusional.

2. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

Ok? Have you guys ever even beat us in a playoffs series? Remember 1999, 2004, and 2009??

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I also am a poster there so I know it well. They have given up on their team before the season has even started. Posting images of former glory is all you and other Lakers fans are going to have for many years to come. Right now Lakers are Canaan fodder.

4. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not talking about an individual game. I'm talking about your team now. Swaggy P.. the star player of the Lakers in 2014.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Why do you like to bring up the past? We are in 2014 move forward not backward.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You know this Lakers fan is sad about the upcoming season when he spends his time making up half the posts on this game thread in the Rockets Fan Forum. Sad, yet comical at the same time.

7. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Should be a complete blow out. Fakers have no center, no forwards, an average point guard, and a declining, injury prone Kobe. No way they even come close to the Rockets. Probably going to be a 30+ point win for us.

1 person likes this.
  8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Let's see if he comes back after Tuesday night.

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

You're not really paying attention are you ?

10. SammerBryant

SammerBryant New Member

Rockets ain't nothin

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I dunno how ppl like that can live with themselves. That team has no chance of winning even 20 games. I'm sorry but that franchise should just be some kind of glob trotting team playing only to exhibit street ball talent. That's basically what kind of team it is anyways. They have to come to terms with that.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just let him enjoy Kobe's stat padding for another couple seasons. It's all he has left!

13. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

L.A likes to pick on Dwight and Houston yet had big "Stay" billboards all over the place. Lol have fun with Jeremy Lin and their delusional fans telling you how bad the team is but how great Lin is doing.

14. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

Hey moderator, Can i please post? I am not trying to criticize anyone. I am sorry and i will stop trolling I just wanna have friendly talks with the fans. This is what its all about, friendly conversations to keep things interesting. I wont troll anymore

15. torocan

torocan Member

Wow, 2 days to go and already 6+ pages long.

Seriously, the Rockets have ZERO excuse to lose this game. Full roster vs a seriously depleted Lakers roster that was already hurting on talent and also breaking in a new coach in Byron Scott.

Dump the ball to Dwight as the Lakers have no real rim protection outside of Ed Davis. Harden will get his. Make sure to shoot a lot of 3's. The Lakers' 3 point defense is pretty bad. Have the guards go directly at Lin as he can't afford to get into foul trouble due to lack of depth at the 1.

As for the Lakers, if I'm them I try to force switches of Kobe and Lin on to Harden all day and night and have Boozer and Davis go directly at Dwight to get him into foul trouble. Use the secondary guards to go at Beverley and try to get him into foul trouble. Playing in LA means they have a decent chance of getting some favorable calls in terms of touch fouls and moving picks. Also, the Rockets have no real depth at the 5 and once you take out the rim protection they're not exactly great at stopping perimeter penetration outside of Beverley.

Rockets should win and comfortably. There's really no credible excuse to lose this game unless Dwight or Harden are unable to play.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Clutch... if there was ever a time to ban a troll.. the time is now. This guy is strictly here to make the forum worst. There is no actual discussion in this season opener thread. It's just a bunch of trolling and it's making it very hard to read this thread. If you don't ban or suspend this guy then I'll be very disappointed. This poster isn't adding anything, but insults to this board, the rockets and the entire rockets fanbase. It would be criminal to let this injustice to keep going on.

Do work, son.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We are only 6 point favorites. That worries me.

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

1986 if I recall correctly, by the way. But who cares?

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Last year the Lakers sucked, yet they beat us with that Blake last second three, and then almost beat us had Parsons not hit that line-drive last second three from the parking lot to send the game to overtime.

20. kemah

kemah Member

I am gonna predict that we will win by at least 20 points. Howard is gonna feast. Harden will destroy them. Ariza will slow Kobe a lot. Lin makes his shots he can hurt us but that is all. They will get little in the paint points. They are so weak inside that this is a great showcase game for the Rockets to demonstrate why they are an elite team. This is the front end of a back to back for them.

Basketball Gods are being kind to us.