1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 11/20/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2006.

1. arbpro

arbpro Member

Geesh...where do I start? You say TMac and Yao have not missed any games this year - True. And the Rockets are 6-4, so maybe you think that is the record of a bad team? Moreover the Rockets are off to a 6-4 record without 2 of their top 6 players, so they have not been injury free. I bet. last year, with all the Rockets out you were still yelling for JVG's head weren't you? Now tell the truth! Your hate for JVG is so deep that you expected him to win with Bowen, Howard, Rafer, and Deke last year didn't you. So what is it that you are bellyaching about - last year's record or this year's 6-4?

You say that VSpan "kill (sic) American superstar (sic) at world game (sic)." I guess you meant to say that the Greek team beat Team USA, because I don't think Billy did it alone. There is no doubt that Billy's performance against Team US created some opportunities for him. And he got playing time and opportunities in the preseason. Did he take advantage of his opportunities? No. He turned the ball over recklessly and fouled needlessly. So he sits on the bench with nobody to blame but himself. Of course, you apparently think that JVG ordered Billy to commit 5 turnovers in 10 minutes of playing time so JVG could sit him on the bench. Ridiculous!

You said, "Do you know that Noval (sic) is much better than anyone else at this team?" No, I don't know that. In fact I am not even sure of what you are saying because it is incoherent. What I do know is that Novak was a 2nd round pick, 31 teams passed on him before the Rockets took him. If the Rockets season depends on a second round rookie then it is in trouble. The naive always believe that the unknown (an unproven rookie) is always better than the known (a seasoned NBA veteran). Sigh!

2. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

lolll, fat eddie is so funny :D :D

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it will be deja vu for Knicks fans... Houston Rockets big man dominates Knicks on both ends of the floor...

4. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Rockets win by 30!

5. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

After a loss in Detroit we should be able to bounce back against a team that we dominate in recent years. Yao and T-mac score big while battier and folks finish with an exceptional game. Don't expect to be a blow out, Rox win 105 - 99.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The Knicks are one of those teams that have the ability to give the Rox a hard time in the 4th because they bring a number of energy guys in from their second team like Nate, Lee and Balkman. Jerome James is also back and I expect Isiah will probably give more time to James if Curry can't hold his own and support both with help.

If we have another 4th qtr collapse and JVG doesn't come up with some kind of adjustment like going outside/in or playing Novak or Vspan then I want his head.

7. Highwire

Highwire Member

If Rockets can't beat a team that's without chemistry tonight with a great margin then it's time to give our rookies a chance.

8. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

nate robinson might dunk on yao ming, but rockets win by 10.

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I just have this weird feeling that vspan and novak are going to get some PT tonight... dunno why

Rox win

10. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

I'm going to be representing the Red Rowdies tonight! I even convinced my friend to come to the game decked out in Rockets Red (although I had to buy her the jersey).

Go Rockets.

Oh, and I think we'll figure out our late game woes and take the game by 9, 101-92.

11. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

we hope u r right :p

12. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

alston goona get burned by knicks backcourt tonight whoever he's matched up against... francis, marbury,crawford,nate... :D

13. tmacyao111

tmacyao111 Member

vspan novak continue to ride the pine, but rockets win

14. Highwire

Highwire Member

Paging rocket fan in NY Mr. Chris Klumb.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We got this. Win.

16. zong

zong Member

Rox is going to win this, but not easy. Vspan vs Francis, it is possible to happen tonight. It will be lots of fun to see this. JVG just wants to show everyone that Francis is not real good by using a rookie first time in an important game in his life. :rolleyes:

17. AXG

AXG Member

Rockets win 97-93. I want to see Novak and Billy play tonight, but I doubt it'll happen. Rockets go up by about twenty points in the third, but fatigue and poor shooting sets in and they squeak past a struggling Knicks team.

18. BobbyLI

BobbyLI Member

I think Rockets will lose because we don't have Chuck Hayes or Bonzi and Steve Francise will play.

19. slickrick

slickrick Member

With the way we have been playing we might drop the ball on this one

20. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

i dont' mind we lose this one as long as yao ming gets 35+ 15+

i'm not a yao only fan

rox all the way baby :cool: