1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 11/20/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2006.

1. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I hope we blow a 23 point lead and get out with a 1 point win.

2. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I am not sure if Yao will do very well tonight. Knicks will throw their kitchen sinks at him tonight... But Tmac will have a chance to really shine :D

3. arbpro

arbpro Member

JVG haters out in force. So, I guess you think the Rockets starters should be VSpan, Wells, TMac, Novak and Yao. You really think that team has a chance to win? If you do, you are beyond being an idiot, you are near a brain coma. It is so funny, last year Jazz fans were screaming, "Sloan must go." This year, the man is a genius. I wonder what changed - him or the idiots? I'm sure that Boozer only playing 30 games last year had nothing to do with, just like Yao and TMac missing games galore. The Rockets are 6-4 with 2 of their top 6 players out (Hayes and Bonzi). But hey get all your juvenile whining in quick, because the Rockets are going to be near impossible to beat come 07. Count on it!

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

because there are PC people on here who will call you a racist for anything you say....just giving ya advice...

5. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

you are not a Rockets fan.

6. zong

zong Member

Man, you are all over the place in this site, do you have other things to do besides arguing with the people?

Sincerely,

7. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/473105p-398070c.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NY Daily News
    Isiah: No need to hurry Curry

BY MICHAEL OBERNAUER
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    [clip]

Thomas had better hope that patient people have tickets tonight, because Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets are at the Garden, bound to give Curry another learning experience. Houston's 26-year-old, 7-5 center took Curry to school when the teams met in Houston Nov.10, outscoring him 35-7 (on 15-of-21 shooting to Curry's 2-for-11) and outrebounding him 17-5 in the Rockets' 103-94 win.

So what's the plan this time against Yao?

"Don't let him get 30 or 40 on me," said Curry, who shot 2-of-9 for seven points and sat out the fourth quarter of Saturday's loss to Boston. "We gotta do somethin'. I mean, Yao went crazy last game."

Said Thomas: "We'll play him different and hope it works. I don't know if it'll work."

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

It won't work....
    Rockets win 108-88

9. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

However, this time the Knicks won't give up until the final whistle after inspired by all the huge comebacks during the 4Q from other teams.

10. Fuse

Fuse Member

Sloan is a much better coach than JVG. It's not to put JVG down, it's just a fact.

11. arbpro

arbpro Member

It's a fact? Now that is an opinion isn't it? Actually I agree with you. Sloan is a great coach, but according to the Jazz fans last year, Sloan was a retread and the game had passed him up and he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper sack. My point is that coaching has only a minor impact on a team's success or lack thereof. Did Riley forget everything he knew during the off-season? How did Brown and Jackson go from all-time great coaches to barely mentionable? It's always about the players. My point is also that the Jazz fans turned on Jerry last year and completely forgot that he had taken his team to 16 consecutive winning years. Just like the Rockets' "fans" have conveniently forgotten that JVG has had only ONE losing season out of ten. And his losing season was caused by TMac, Yao, and virtually every rotation player going down last year with injuries.

12. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Rockets win big! Go Rockets! I hate to say it, but dallas is right behind us.

13. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

98-82 Rockets, but I really hope the young guys play; it's getting ridiculous.

14. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Do you understand basketball, where have you been? Yao and Tmac did not miss any game this year, do you know that? do you know Vspan kill AMerican superstar at wrold game? do you know wells kill Spur at playoff games? do you know Noval is much better shot than anyone else at this team? Did I mention who is going to start? Did you pick " for a long run" ?
    What an idiot !

15. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

And there are also people who try to bring up the racist issue in every chance. I guess you all have to look into the mirror. This is GARM. Don't make it another D&D.

Rockets 89, and Knicks 71.

16. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

slow down there, i dont think calling someone an idiot gives you much credibility

17. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Did you go over ARbpro talking/

18. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

we're still in the top 7 in ESPN's power rankings, despite our 6-4 start. nice

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I hope to see VSPan tonight.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

because of who we beat.

i hope the knicks don't front yao the whole game. i want to see him go aff for 30+ in person!