1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 10/9/2017 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is the only reason I can think of for the big minutes for the starters against Knicks.

Due to short pre-season schedule, maybe MDA is looking towards Game 1 vs GSW...and wants to give starters some extra time together.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and BigMaloe like this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well I don't even think it's just him. I'm pretty sure the players all have a chip on their shoulders and want to come out and prove themselves.

I'm sure this game has been circled all off-season. They feel like they have something to prove.

And I'm being very honest in my belief that I think we beat them and while it is of course part optimism, it's not just some blind homerism on my part.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  4. rockets13champs

It’s a dress rehearsal

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

PG and Melo have played pretty much regular minutes from what I've seen.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's called shaking off the rust. Harden might be in the best shape of his NBA career, but he is still obviously shaking off rust. If he and coach thinks this is the way to go, who are we to b**** and whine about it?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

PG played 38 minutes against Melbourne, and AD played 36 minutes in his last game while Cousins played 34

Harden's 38 minutes were light work, it wasn't an intense game. How many times did Harden even go faster than a light jog? He barely drove to the rim. He didn't have to exert much effort at all.

ramotadab and ilovehtownbb like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's not that the minutes are tough. It is that usually coaches give other guys a look.

Seems a lot of teams this year are giving more minutes to the starters ... not just the Rockets. Maybe due to the shorter pre-season schedule, to get them more chemistry building time for regular season starting sooner.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think that's the reason as well

Our rotation is pretty much set other than finding who can be a capable 4th guard. MDA did give Johnson a look yesterday. Maybe he should give Taylor some more burn as well. I don't think that either of them will be good tho so I think our 4th guard will have to come via the waiver wire like D-Will to the Cavs last season or through a small trade. Speaking of D-Will, did he ever get signed this offseason? I don't think he did. I think he would be a capable 4th guard for us if he'd accept that role.

10. Nivos

Nivos Member

That's what Dantoni said about Harden's minutes and Paul getting ready to play on Wednsday

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Straight to the heavy hitting questions

Clyde says: "I like it"

D-rock, Nivos and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

What was our assistant and Paul doing? Looked very fishy. Anyone got footage of that?

Btw, our defensive rotations are stupid.

SIL