1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 1/8/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2004.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It's hard to get excited about a game that will most likely end up being in the 75-67 range, a Rockets loss on the second night of a back to back, and Marbury torching us for 35 like he always does...

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It's just hard to get excited about a team that puts up 6 points in the first 7 minutes, and then the other team only puts up 4. This whole NBA thing is getting ugly. I would think there will be some rule changes next year, especially if college hoops takes away a lot this spring.

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Im excited!
    We get to see the Rockets OWN Moochie Norris like they did in practice.
    We get to see JVG get Boo'd at his first return to the Garden.
    We get to see the look on the NYK fans faces thinking about how close they were to getting Yao Ming.
    Also we get to see the the Rocks pull away another win.
    :D

4. munco

munco Member

I'm going to be at the game! I was psyched to see the Rox/JVG, but now that the Knicks have Starbury and Moochie is on the Knicks there are some major headlines. Originally we were all going to root for the Rox, but one of my friends that is going with me is the world's bigger Stephon Marbury fan. I mean the kid's been following Marbury since his days as a high school phenom. Anyways, MSG is going to be nuts with the home debut of the Marbury in addition to all the Yao/Houston fans in attendance. Wooo hooo!

btw Moochie has been playing quite well as a Knick and seems really quick out there

5. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It will be the most exciting paint drying session the MSG has ever seen.... ;)

6. markman

markman Member

I am looking forward to the Rox/Knicks game because it is my birthday....... cmon Rox give me a win...........:D

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I am looking foward to it because I actually get to watch a game. Living in Austin, we don't get to see too many unless they are national tv, NBAtv or playing the Spurs.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Van Gundy got a huge ovation last season during Patrick Eunuch's retirement ceremony. I don't know why Knicks fans would suddenly turn on him less than a year later.

9. BigRay

BigRay Member

WOW!! Moochie was the backup to FRANCHISE and we know they were CLOSE friends now he his backing up FRANCHISE's rival STARBURY thats gonna be fun to watch!! It' sort of a reiuoion Pat Ewing/JVG/Spoon/Ward back to NYC Moochie/Shandon Anderson/Harrington/Don Cheany going against their old team. and Starbury back home in the BIG APPLE on TNT should be a HUGE GAME!!! I KAN'T wait for it... I have a feeling that Moochie will hit a last second shot to win the game:(

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Marbury's been on a couple of winning teams with Minnesota.

11. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Don't get too typed up about this game. As you can tell from Knicks loss to Cleveland yesterday, Knicks aren't ready to play with Marbury yet. Remember the preseason Rockets?
    A blowout Rockets by 20!

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Yao will be BIG in the BIG APPLE... ill put my money on it..

get back on this thread after the game :D :cool:

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

Moochie will revenge , going for 20 pts,15 assists.

Predict a lose for Rockets.

79:92 NY.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I dont wanna look too far ahead, we have a game tonight against a hot detroit team. But for the NY game yeah its gonna be electric, but i think Pike will be the hero in the game for some reason, i gotta support my homeboy from the clips. He is gonna be the X factor in that game. And the marbury/francis matchup is nice but its not gonna be living up to the hype

incidently how will the votes for Steph in the all-star game work now? they all just swing to the east? the ballots if u vote for him still say west?

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

since you mentioned about "electric" im going to predict that there will be a slight power outage in the second quarter.

16. Charvo

Charvo Member

Steve is guarding his nemesis in Stephon. Moochie will go hard at Steve because he knows Steve is a matador. Knick guards should do well. It's up to the frontcourt to bail out the Rockets.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yao will be a nonfactor. he allways is against physical defenders.

mo will get a lot of playing time instead of yao. he is too quick for any of ny's post players to guard. i expect another big game from him.

kvh has been hot lately. and big s's allways hurt us.

our guards will be in a scoring contest with thier guards. they are deeper, so i can only assume that they win.

overall the advantage goes to them...on paper only!

18. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I feel like im on a NYK BBS or something..

I predict a big win for the Rox to keep their winning streak going to 5 games.

Rox 101 Knicks 74

The way the Rox are playing is awesome I think they can take almost any team in the league right now. Yao seems to do well against Dikembe and Cato will lock down the opposing PF.

This may become a guard battle but our front court of Yao/ Mo and Cato will win it for us in the end.

J

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No. I expect it to be unwatchable...

20. Charvo

Charvo Member