1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 2/6/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Bids9

Bids9 Member

G-League

Gone down to get some playing time

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I also did not see one defensive play where I thought, 'good job Ennis'

I think this is one of those instances where you know someone is so bad, you've got to talk positively no matter what to try and bring them up.

I'm assuming this is yet another one of those games to add to the list where the lunatic 'GO HOME ENNIS HATER' fanclub were awfully quiet.

adw and hakeem94 like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He said never worked this season LOL.

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

We smashed Utah by almost 30 and last night had a 38 point lead at one stage. This last few games besides the Denver let down we are starting to see this team starting to roll.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You're so right about that. Totally forgot about the Utah smashing - both these teams were/are the hottest in the league at that time.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Imagine the roll they'd be on had they bothered to show up for that Pelicans game.:mad:

EightDoobies and BigShasta like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Amazing how much better we look when we aren't shooting like dog poop

snowconeman22 and saleem like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This was a FANTASTIC win against a good Kings team on the road. Feels like the Kings got blindsided losing the heart and soul of their team, Iman Shumpert. What great *timing* for Morey to make that trade.

Nevertheless, the Rockets DID NOT take this game lightly. They played with high energy. Good on them for taking it serious. It showed.

Great win to end the road trip! Hat tip!

saleem, roslolian, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Or just playing defense in general. We scored 122 point against Denver and got blown out. All of our threes didn't matter.

10. SemisolidSnake

There's no pun if it's the Knicks. :D

But, let's make one:

"Harden tends to HIS Garden."

Even got a rhyme in there.

11. riko

riko Member

Or healthy.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That too of course.

13. saleem

Speaking of health. Eric Gordon still couldn't drive smoothly to the basket. His knee is still bothering him, despite his improved shooting in this game. Shumpert can decrease some pressure off him, but Eric may remain like this for the rest of the season. I hope I'm wrong. He was playing effortlessly against the Pelicans when he got hurt. That's why he looks so unhappy. I feel unhappy too. I'm pleased with the win of course.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

He had lots of drives obv his knee is still bothering him but its not as bad as you think.

The most important thing about EG is the trade deadline has passed so he can get the trade anxiety monkey off his back. You may not know this but ever since he is a Rocket EG plays like crap before the trade deadline then plays great after the deadline, we've seen signs of him playing great the last few games and he had 20 pts and was prettt active this game, he didnt force his shots taking wild 3 pters 4 steps away from the line and he drove a lot. Dude's gonna rest this break and is gonna have a great 2nd part of the season.

saleem likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anyway I just watched the game and I liked how the team won without Harden.

Yes Harden still had 30 pts but he was able to pick and choose his spots instead of always carrying the entire offensive load thats why I think his efficiency was pretty good this game.

EG had 20 pts, Faried had a double double, Rivers had 13, Cp3 didbt shoot well but still had 15 and 11, and my boy Gerald "House who?" Green had another 25 pt night.

GG has been beasting and in year 2 has gotten the hang of the Rox's offensive system. Him, Shumpert, Rivers and Faried will give the 2nd unit great depth once Capela comes back.

16. saleem

I'm well aware of his anxiety since the Jimmy Butler rumors and the February deadline. I hope he will play more freely. Harden and Chris look out for him so he can get easier shots. Thanks for your post. I appreciate your comments. I hope he will get healthy soon. Eric and Rivers are starting to complement each other. This will be very helpful for Harden and Chris going forward.

roslolian likes this.