1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 2/10/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2013.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Looking forward to seeing cousins tomorrow. As for smith, I love his promise yet his defense was not ready. We need a defensive beast on d who can rebounding like a thug. Smith kept missing rotations. He does have promise though. He'll be back.
    Go Rockets!

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Come now . . . relying on power rankings? I watched the 4th quarter of the Kings game last night and it was a playoff atmosphere. Rockets better be ready.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wouldn't say it's garbage, I would say that it has a wide margin of error.

Still, when there is THAT huge of a difference, you have to sit up and pay attention. I think we are clearly a better team than Utah. We've had a much tougher strength of schedule, and our scoring differential is much better. Those are the main reasons we are so far ahead of Utah and I agree that those are good indicators we're in a different class from them.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I view this game as a very important game for the Rockets. This is a game we should win. We have two difficult games back to back coming up that could very easily be losses, so this game is very important. Don't let up Rockets.

5. andersongo

andersongo Member

Hollinger's power rankings is garbage. Very reminiscent of the credit rating agencies, jumping on the current hot bandwagon: basically being a w**** in the night as aptly described at Zerohedge.

6. kozmo

kozmo Member

kind of fun watching ray felton trying to stay with chris paul

7. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Harden for 40 Points, Lin for 20, and we roll.

8. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Toney Douglas is with the team! Guess his injury was not serious and maybe he will play tonight. Like the way the Bread wears his headpiece :grin:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>James Hardin, Jeremy Lin and the Houston Rockets at the Hyatt in Sactown. <a href="http://t.co/1mKqtk2E" title="http://twitter.com/scottflodin/status/300418569185943552/photo/1">twitter.com/scottflodin/st…</a></p>&mdash; Scott Flodin (@scottflodin) <a href="https://twitter.com/scottflodin/status/300418569185943552">February 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Watch out for #JimmerTime #InRange

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Walking Dead and this game at the same time.

11. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

This has been a major source of contention between my wife and me today. I'll win the argument, but she'll make me pay for it later. I'm really looking forward to this game!

12. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

If we can go 3-2 in the next tough five games will be a nice place, after that we have a pretty easy schedule and should be able to move up in standings.

13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Phew. Finally made the drive to sac.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

It factors in both recent performance and full season performance. It is not some stupidly complicated thing, it covers very obvious statistics which generally do a better job of predicting future performance than pure W/L record.

Overall strength of schedule: How tough your schedule has been over the course of the entire season, adjusted so that road wins are considered tougher to get than home wins
    Average scoring margin: How many points you're beating your opponents by on average over the course of the entire season
    Scoring margin over the last 25% of games played: The last 25% of your games are considered moderately more valuable than ones before that
    Strength of schedule over the last 25% of games played: Same as above, but for Strength of Schedule

Rockets fans should be happy, scoring margin and strength of schedule both suggest that the team is better than its record suggests.

15. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Glad I'm not the only person out there to suffer from this internal conflict :confused:

16. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Thanks you Kings for beating the Jazz last night....now u must perish

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I like the way the schedule sets up in March. Only leave home once from March 13-April 2

Would be a nice time to put a nice long winning streak together.

18. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You would think with the massive eyes he has that Admiral Akbar would spot a trap a mile away; however, from evidence in the movie it appears he only recognizes one when it is right in front of his nose. Which I am not sure he has one of.

In this case we are sporting both the Harden death star and the scrappy little x-wing pilots in Lin and Parsons. Plus, all three practice ninja moves before the game... though I'm not sure exactly how that fits into the star wars theme, it has to be a good thing. We win.

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

I wonder how those things procreate. Sure as hell isn't through sex!