1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 12/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The difference is the Kings were an ok team with Cousins(at least by Western Conference standards). The Rockets were a dominant team with Dwight. Now that difference will likely be mitigated by the Rockets additional injuries, fatigue from playing last night, and being on the road. So basically this game is a tossup. I certainly hope the players aren't taking the Kings lightly, cuz I sure ain't(remember, they beat us twice last year when they were a lot worse).

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Hopefully this will be a nice bounce back game for us.

If we can hit open shots this time should be an easy W.

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I hope Dmo can somehow develope into a Pau Gasol

4. chance46

chance46 Member

My fiancee surprised with Rox tickets. First game ever. Been a fan since the championship days. Jerseys arent exactly readily avaiable in the Central Valley. Just got done making my own. XL ladies pants from the thrift store make this ensemble complete.

Listening to Pimp C/Slim Thug radio on Pandora. Gettin psyched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. chance46

chance46 Member

I thought that would post the pics. Can you tell I dont post much? I know following links can be burdensome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcqaoCYIh4fODFCamxndmJQbXM4OGNMVmZnUFc0eTBGel84/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcqaoCYIh4fZFZGTUlXcE1WSFhPV21BUV9naERVQzhIS0gw/view?usp=sharing

1 person likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

Pau at DMo's age on a terrible team was posting:
    17.8ppg (51% FGs, 16% 3Ps, 77% FTs), 7.3rpg, 2.4apg in 32.0mpg

DMo's last 5 games:
    16.4ppg (58% FGs, 33% 3Ps, 61% FTs), 7.8rpg, 2.0apg in 33.2mpg

If DMo somehow managed to maintain these impressive numbers, he's basically on par with a 24-year-old Pau.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I can't get over how much Dmo has grown in these last few games....and it doesnt look like fluke either. It's like he finally figured it out

8. omgTHEpotential

I'll be honest, there was a point at which I thought DMo's going to be out of this league by the time his rookie deal is up. Now however, it seems that he could be looking at a 10M+ annual salary.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, D-Mo is nothing like 24 year-old Pau. That dude would b-tch and complain every time he didn't get a foul call. D-Mo just plays.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'll say this, by the time Dmo hits the open market assuming we don't lock him up before then. He'll be more deserving of that chandler parsons contract than parsons himself. This guy if he keeps it up we'll get 15 mil a season. He could be a top 10 defensive anchor and a top 5 offensive post player in the league. Pau Gasol is a good comparison although Pau is a lot longer and better athlete even though dmo is pretty quick for his hieght and weight.

11. omgTHEpotential

Honestly, while DMo is not nearly as long as Pau, he seems to a better athlete. Much quicker than Pau laterally and in open court.

12. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Wow, wait after he plays like he is playing now for a full season to throw 10+million at this guy, I mean, his defense is still very suspicious, sometimes even worse that the useless dorsey, how could you give a guy that money when he can only score and can't defend to save his life??

13. omgTHEpotential

What the hell are you talking about. DMo is one of the better defenders at the 4/5 spot in the entire league. He is also a top10 rim protector in the entire league:
    [​IMG]

So in fact, his defense is way above average, and it's his offense that's shaky at times. But he has some elite skills. He's definitely worth over 10M the way he plays now. Splitter is getting 9M+.

14. NotChandlerParsons

The year after that was the year Pau really blew up though. And he averaged 3-4 asts from thereon.

15. omgTHEpotential

Here's hoping DMo takes the same path. Bigs usually start reaching their prime at 26-28.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

James Harden is leading the Nba in scoring. That's pretty deep.

17. omgTHEpotential

When's the last time someone led the league in scoring not even averaging 26ppg or better?

18. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

I Really hope Dmo is not forgetten when back at full strength. He needs at least 20 min a night when we are healthy. I dont expect him to start. The thing is Black has quietly turned into a decent player. He finishes now , decent defense , great rebounder. I still think DMO should be the back up 5 when dwight comes back. But lack is earning his keep now

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dmo probably shouldn't be playing more than 30 mpg, he's visibly gassed late in games since part of his game is rampant activity (and i think going in and out of cruise control like all heavy minutes guys do would take away from his game), i get we don't really have a choice now, but i don't think he can play as many minutes as pau did.

20. dlite316

dlite316 Member

We definitely need Dmo to go hard on those rebounds. I just hope McHale will not play Dmo, Ariza, Harden, Terry and Bev lineup for extended minutes in the 4th Q if it is a close game because we got murdered on rebounds every time and Evans is a rebounding monster. Please put Black/Dorsey in to protect the rebounds.