1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 5/4/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2018.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We should have called a timeout the very first time this happened, instead they let it happen half a dozen times between him and Favors.

DonKnock and Jake Tower like this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I wish i was as confident as you, i'm probably wrong, at least i hope so. It's not the talent, it's that Chris Paul seems to have a second round mental block the side of the great wall of china and eric gordon has been nothing short of dog ****.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Which is unsustainable for the entire series. Provided the Rockets defenders don't leave them wide open. Honestly the offense for us has been fine. We scored 110 in Game 1 and 108 in Game 2. I'll take that any day of the week vs the Jazz. But we've allowed them to shoot over 50% in both games, even in the first one where they had no legs coming off a brutal 6-game series vs OKC and an extremely quick turnaround.

Don't give up easy baskets in the paint and in transition and contest those 3's. Last time I checked, the Rockets were a pretty damn good defensive team themselves. Start to play like it.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

game day! time to get this W

DonKnock likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm waiting for our savior Gerald Green to show up. He's due for another one of his explosive games.

7. hakeemthagreat

CP needs to set the tone early this game

8. fiersdownbelow

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

D'Antoni never calls timeouts at the right moment. Always lets teams go on huge runs before he does that.

Jake Tower likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't have any bad memories of any of those refs, so I think we're ok from that standpoint.

As for Silver, it's not so much that he doesn't want a Rockets-Warriors WCF(EVERYONE wants that). It's that the NBA needs at least one competitive Semifinals series.

DonKnock and fiersdownbelow like this.
  11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

They are shooting lights out. That has been the biggest difference in this series and why we are down 0-2...oh wait, we blew them out in game 1? So it is tied 1-1? Come on guys...Utah played really well Wednesday. We had beat this same team 5 straight times. They figured it out and got really hot and did some gimmicky fake screens and slips to the basket. We came out flat and let it happen. We clamped down and came storming back like we have done all season long. They won because they were hot in 4th and we missed LOTS of wide open shots. We finished the game flat just like we started it, go figure. I think if the series was long enough we would beat them 5 straight times again. No sky falling here.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

Spot the **** on. Offensively they're too one dimensional and too reliant on the pick and roll. I'm not saying we should abandon the pick and roll completely but the way they run it, its so mundane and obvious. Be creative, down screens and backdoor cuts. They should run it more with P.J or Trev instead of with Clint to to get better mismatches. **** why not even with James screening for Chris. They need to be creative. I watch them run the same **** over and over and it became Kubiack's draw play. When that didn't work they just started jacking up threes. I really wish Clint was a better passer because his post game could open up back door cuts for our slashers Ariza and Luc and bring more creativity to the offense. Defensively, I actually don't think they are switching enough, most times they only switch once on the possession, that's reactive defense. They need to switch as many times as possible to get the best defensive match-up, if that's two times that two times if its three or four per possession then that's what they have to do because they have to keep Cp and James on the perimeter to avoid the mismatch. Double team Mitchell on the switch, double Gobert on the switch, honestly those two are the only two that really need it, rotational switching should nullify everything else the j*zz try. I'm envious of golden state because Draymond is one of the smartest players in the league and he is able to quickly decipher when and how long to double and when to switch and he covers a lot of holes for Klay and especially for Curry, people really think Curry can defend because of how good Draymond is. Get stops, close out on the three point shot, blah blah blah, these guys are professionals so hopefully that "Genius" Bzdelik has a plan

mario elie likes this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

I now live in Utah and I'm not sure about your characterization and 'whitewashing' of the fans (pun intended).
    I went to a regular season Rox v Jazz game and found the fans to be pretty accommodating.
    They were actually complimentary of Harden. I told them how good I thought Mitchell was as a rookie.
    I had on a Rox shirt and engaged in some friendly banter with several of the fans around us. Actually had a good time.
    Now, I wasn't in courtside seats, so I can't speak too much about people down there. But EVERY arena has their
    rabid fans (Malice in the Palace). So let's not paint all of the fans as a bunch of racists.
    They LOVE Mitchell and Gobert and the rest of the team and support their players of all colors (the LOUD arena being proof)
    You can find jerks sprinkled throughout ANY crowd of 15-20,000 people. And playoffs intensify the 'FAN-aticism'
    Racist slurs are totally unacceptable, but in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE there, they are only coming from a few people if even.
    It only takes ONE drop of ink to taint a whole glass of water.
    And who WOULDN'T want to heckle Russell Westbrook?

#153 Remlap, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Mazulis likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Market correction. Utah has shot 52 and 50% in two games. That’s unsustainable. They got their doors blown off in game 1 but they still didn’t even play a bad game.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Gordon has completely wilted so far.
    Hard to be successful when your 6th man is completely ineffective

[​IMG]

Obito likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I guess it is sustainable if we never get within 10 feet of the three point line.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

still waiting for road ryno to actually contribute in a win. He's literally disappears

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I’m glad you had a good experience because based on history and multiple former and current nba players, it’s the worst arena to play in.

The fans are known to harass and throw outwardly racist slurs.

But once again I’m glad you had your one positive experience.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

marc davis has been a problem at times in the past depending on his mood. he's the guy who screwed TOR at the end of the regular season with a bunch of missed calls and then techs on top. but ed malloy is always a walking zombie incompetent as F