1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 3/24/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

Ron needs to foul AK as hard as he did in that video, make him stop flopping for good

2. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

Who needs t-mac when we have our new big three: yao, ron ron, and scola. Go Rocks we can beat these guys!!

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

actually we will lose this game if we do not shore up the rebounding issues that we have had the past few games....the jazz already shoot a high fg% if we keep letting them get second and third chances they will eat us alive.

landry not being around hurts he was a good rebounder on both ends of the court

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

If we beat Utah tomorrow. This place malfunction tomorrow in a good way.

5. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

dont care who wins! i just hope the rockets doesn't face the jazz in the playoffs!

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is a game where I would rather see Lowry get more time agains Williams. He is perfectly suited to go up against him.

7. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

8. 1individual

1individual Member

No layups,
    No floppin,
    No shuvin,

Artest.

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Dear JazzFanz.com readers,

So you like looking at our quaint little board, do you? Do you enjoy seeing the mouth-breathing stupidity that runs rampant on our forums on the form of "fire Rick Adelman" and "start Wafer, not Battier" threads? I don't. It stereotypes Houston fans poorly. Keep in mind that not all of us are this dumb.

Personally, I don't expect Houston to beat Utah on Tuesday. I didn't expect Houston to beat San Antonio yesterday, either. But you know what this Rockets team does? They surprise you.

The last time Houston played Utah (in Utah), I expected a loss and was given a loss, but I enjoyed the game nonetheless. The Rockets competed that game, which is really all I asked for. The last time we played San Antonio (prior to Sunday), it was a very competitive game as well -- and what happened the next time? The Rockets learned from their mistakes and executed down the stretch to pull the game out from under the Spurs. I could see this happening in Utah, but again, I don't expect it to.

Now for some general comments/observations about the upcoming contest:

- Kirilenko will flop and act as if he got shot in the face with a gun (while Landry recovers from actually getting shot).

- Okur will also act like he's been shot from a cannon every time Yao nudges him in the post. This will get called as a foul on Yao.

- Deron Williams will dissect our defense and get tons of easy lay-ups. I see Kyle Lowry getting extended minutes to defend him and draw fouls on his own (like the last game).

- Ron Artest will be driving to the basket more than jacking up shots. I think he's beginning to learn how he helps most, and that's driving to the basket. Maybe Matt Harpring can try to stop him physically, but he'll foul out before the night is done if he gets enough minutes to do so.

- Boozer will hit a lot of outside shots, but have trouble getting into the paint.

- Ronnie Brewer will have a big game offensively, a crappy game defensively. Ron will rip him to shreds.

- Yao will have flashes of being unstoppable, but will be hampered by foul trouble due to consistent flopping by Okur (and if you're a Jazz fan reading this, I hope you can admit Okur/Kirilenko's best game is their flop).

My take on the final? 91-88 Jazz.

What I want to see? 89-77 Rockets. I love it when they win defensively, and that's the only way I see it happening.

10. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

This is another huge game. Let's see if we can keep the pressure up on the Spurs.

11. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Get ready for flop-a-palooza!

12. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

RA better give Lowery a lot more minutes in this game.

13. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

14. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Let's go up there and get a W!

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

something floppy this way comes

[​IMG]

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

win the rebounding, win the game.

17. Cluthpedalfail

too much physical contact.rock up otherwise Jazz fatasses will swallow you

18. platinum

platinum Member

Beat Jazz!

19. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Mehmet Okur was supposedly poked in the eye last time the Jazz played Oklahoma.

My question is will Okur suit up for the Jazz gametime?

20. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

It kills me to know that there are people in America (mainly in Utah) who are so uneducated. How can they not understand that there team is all about flopping and they believe Shane Battier is the biggest flopper alive. I can understand them saying Luis Scola flops but definitely not more than any player on their team. I know it will be tough, but please Rockets PLEASE, beat the ****ing **** out of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.