1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/7/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2017.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No Nurkic? There's no excuse to lose that game. And the Pelicans are the next opponent and they'll be on a B2B. Let's keep this streak going heading into that Spurs showdown.

saleem likes this.
  2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Damn no Jusuf tomorrow.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Damn, I was looking forward to this matchup. Nurkic is a big part of what they do. Or what they try to do.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  4. Drogba

Drogba Member

You cannot play with full intensity & be locked in for 48 minutes. All the great teams have 6-7 minute spurts in matches where they flip the switch & put the opposing side away.

Golden State for example do that **** all the time, same thing with the Big 3 Heat, Kobe/Shaq Lakers & even MJ's Bulls.

Securing a Top 2 Seed & going into the Playoffs healthy is what's most important.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What!!!!

Wow aren't we the master of reading body languages.

Man yall assume the freaking most around these parts.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

which streak?
    double digit wins?

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is right on point. We aren't just trying to win season games. We are trying to win it all. Attention to detail is what will help us in the playoffs. If we can make playing consistent solid defese a habit, there should be nothing stopping us. There is a reason why the Spurs and Warriors have the ability to dominate during the playoffs. They consistently play meticulous basketball and have the ability to exploit weaknesses. We need to get there too.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Reading body language? You mean the English language? I didn't say Paul was upset, I said he wasn't entirely happy and that's pretty obvious based on his own words.

“RG: Chris, another big win for you guys but how tough is it to play with a large lead and still stay sharp?

CP: It shouldn’t be tough but it looked like it was tough for us. You know, we just started giving up wide open threes down the stretch. Donovan stayed aggressive as he should. We know we gotta be better, but we’ll take the win.“

Remlap and hakeem94 like this.
  9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep I sense some sadness or anger in his reply

sounds like he took the win begrudgingly

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Totally agree with this view. Regardless of pro or amateur basketball, defense firstly is about attitude and is a habit. Defensive skills comes after the attitude, the defensive mindset. Without the right attitude throughout, there's no way a player can suddenly pick it up during the playoffs without glitches here and there, 'cause that's not your habit to defend all the time.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't have that ability to jinx a team. I wish I did.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

probably the only jazz fan that loves james harden

can we adopt him plz

14. rockets13champs

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I was referring to the win streak, but a double digit win isn't too much to ask.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, you are right. The Rockets are on the right track for the most part. MDA has come a long way, he can sense that the team can win a championship. I expect him to keep the players focused. One or two additions need to be made along with internal improvement.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Watched whole thing again and not seeing the angst that is being aroused. CP answered all the questions in same tone, there's nothing to see here. CP loves his new team, and like he said at end - we're still building.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

7 hrs before the Tailgayzers game and no game thread????

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I never thought about this before. This guy makes a good point that we have exactly what the Warriors have:

Two sure thing hall of famers and role players that fit in quite well.

Anyone want to argue that Draymond Green or Klay Thompson are sure thing Hall of Famers? I'm happy to read it. I think they're both outstanding players, but not to the level of guys in the hall. For instance, Rodman and Draymond might be comparable, but Rodman when you really look at it had a far better career. Draymond has many years to go to build more of this current reputation and some improvements to make to get in for me. Klay has to play with someone other than Curry for me to see his true worth. What do think?

Tfor3 and skroodup25 like this.