1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/7/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Your muscles are very full, I'd like to rub some honey on you

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

One guy was a crack and meth head.

SIL

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That list is only regular season.

[edit] actually is was less than 30. We shot 19-28

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We didn't even play well .

This may have been Chris' best game as a rocket and Ryno continues to impress this year ...

But Harden was off ( especially early in the game ) and everyone else could have played better too .

This team is exciting because we don't need Harden to play lights out every game . Last year , this might be a 5 point win ... We also could have easily lost this last year .

I can't wait till we are clicking on all cylinders. Hopefully playing more regularly will help.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking, saleem and 2 others like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

TracywtFacy, post: 11467671, member: 18020"]We've won 8 straight, 14 of our last 15

#data[/QUOTE]
    That Toronto game fuked it up

Lawlruschang and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Chuck Rumps best defense was letting the player back him down into the lane and the “pulling the chair” out from under him. Basically backing his fat ass off the man, yea great D Chuck

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

THIS x 10000000.

It's so absurd and heavy handed. What pisses me off even more is Kenny and his silent complicity. He's such a beta... too timid to even give his usual objective analysis.

The hell with all of them.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And they've got one more game on this mini road trip at Portland and then a 7-game homestand.

9. riko

riko Member

That Spurs game in a week will be huge especially with Leonard back.

10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Kenny has always been complicit by being silent. I don’t exoect him to homer for us but if you’re seen as the “smart one” then for f#cks sake speak up and spit a little bit of sense into the drivel every once in a while

#850 Rock Block, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  11. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I wrote the same thing in the TNT thread....smh....

But to be fair tho I only watch them now after rockets games I honestly wouldn't know

D-rock likes this.
  12. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

CP3 makes Ryno look like Dirk Nowitzki;)

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rockets beat the Jazz in Utah by double digits and OKC gets embarrassed by the worst team in the NBA with Russ and Melo shooting 25%.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hate when James kills his percentages in garbage time. Could've shot 50% from the field and 3pt.

15. aroundtheblock2

While I get that analogy, that Lakers team was not as dominant or good as this Warriors team. This Warriors team won 72 games AND went to back-to-back NBA finals and then they got one of the top 3 players in the league and then won the finals in a dominant fashion.

I agree with you, but this Warriors team is on another level than that Lakers team.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

This year he doesn’t care about stats. He doesn’t go for those uncontested rebounds anymore. He’s all about the wins which is good

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good boring win

Killatron 2000 and ramotadab like this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Nene also didn't play. We would have blown them out in the 3rd and not looking back.

Can't wait to see how we fare against the Spurs and Twolves.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Killatron 2000 and D-rock like this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not particularly impressed with this win. If it wasn't for Harden taking over at the end of 2nd quarter, Ryno being hot and CP3 finally taking advantage of the space from mid-range we lose this game. Ryno was too hot to not take more shots either. I know they played him more tightly, but it didn't seem like we were looking for him much after that 1 miss. Didn't ran really any plays for him after that.

Our defense was very good, except for Harden who continuously allowed guys to blow by him and then with his usual dumb swipe attempts which 90% were slaps on the arm that weren't called.I also did not like Harden's body language when CP3 ran the show, just standing there with hands on his hips and again throwing his hands up to CP3 when he thought he should've gotten the ball. He also constantly threw his hands up and yelled at his teammates when he blows assignments on help side more than anybody else on the team...the looking for fouls on the perimeter was also kind of silly and by the time we had a big lead, he just settled. You cannot expect to win games with that kind of mentality, so hope it was just a one time thing since we lately have blown out and kept leads.

CP3 was great though, showed his leadership and we don't win this game without him. Again on his passes guys made their shots. The only shot Ryno missed was from a Harden pass. There's definitely accuracy to CP3's passing that I don't think I've ever seen before. Gordon is still off, his shots way short except when he received a pass from CP3. I did not understand Gordon's mindset though and in general on some of our guys who attacked the paint when Gobert kept blocking shots or altering them. Take that mid-range shot or pass it back out, don't just continue to do the same thing over and over.

Capela was decent and most fouls on him were bullshit, though he has to be smarter at times. He took it up strong too on Gobert, gotta respect that. Ryno was just unconscious, played great defense, was hustling on defense and on the offensive boards leading to a very strong game. Black was unimpressive and Ariza and Mbah played some amazing defense, along with Tucker. On offense you saw why we need to incorporate at least some plays with more body movement and giving a guy a shot from mid-range. That whole sequence in the 2nd quarter it was 4 guys on the perimeter, watching Harden and just waiting for something to happen. It was infuriating.

We finally blew the game open in the 3rd quarter and relied on our defense to win, but I'd like to see us end this game with much more focus and poise. Late TOs, silly fouls, not executing on offense, it was just not the way to end a game like this. We did make it look easy at times which is impressive against the Jazz on their home floor. Why this game also didn't leave a very good taste is because of how we seemed to get rattled by their defense and had some uncharacteristic TOs. Lastly, our whining to the referees was on Warriors level tonight, though they had some legitimate arguments on some of those nonsensical calls.

Harden with two 4-point plays, that was cool. Ever done before in one game by the same player?

ramotadab, durvasa, saleem and 2 others like this.