1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 11/1/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Let's get off to a good start with a win.

Rockets 103
    Jazz 98

2. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

I remember last season when we beated the Kings in the opener with an outstanding Jon Barry. I hope Supernova-the new No. 20- will also perform like that.

3. MC Welk

MC Welk Member

This is what should scare you: Sloan has had a week to prepare for Van Grumpy. Also the Jazz have a transition game now. (If you don't believe me, watch.) They will use it and Okur outside to minimize Yao. T-Mac is going to blow up for 30 without a doubt, but I see the Jazz winning. Do you really think this Rox team, with all its ? marks (thank you, Bonzi) is going to go in to the DC on opening night and win by 20? Keep dreaming. Perhaps if Padgett complains that the balls are overinflated and Kirk Snyder returns to wreak vengeance. Ha.

P.S. Paul Millsap is a rich man's Chuck Hayes.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hey, I hope we get to see Millsap vs. Hayes. That will be a fun one to watch.

5. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

No contest. Millsap is the new age Rodman

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm really impressed by Millsap. He played really well in the summer leagues, without any recognition, but he's proven that he can continue that level of play during the preseason. I expect he'll be amongst the league leaders in rebounds per minute this season. Hayes, on the other hand, has been quiet. Even in the summer leagues, he didn't do too much statistically. Perhaps him playing at center is hurting his productivity. I hope he bounces back from a lackluster preseason.

I expect Yao will be guarding Boozer, and Battier will be guarding Okur. That, or the Rockets go to a zone defense.

7. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Yeah I'm with you, no way rox could beat jazz by 20. Keep dreaming. Perhaps if the bulls beats the champ on their ring day and win by 40+ points and a Kobe-less fakers beating the Suns scoring 110+ points.

Ha? I heard he got released by the Bucks or something.

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

It's finally gameday!

Rockets 97
    j*zz 89

9. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

If Rox can not win the current Jazz, we should all shut up and stop the 2nd round or further dreaming.

10. jeffpan

jeffpan Member

Every now and then I feel amazed about how much passion and time I have invested in the ROX!

Just love them, and finally the season begins!

Forget this game, coz it's going to be one of numerous blowouts in the season.

Go for the Champions!

11. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Our first regular season game. Good Karma to Rockets. Start off right and win. I have high hopes for this very different team.
    Good luck Rockets!!!

12. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

This is in line with my thinking. T-Mac is NOT sharp right now shooting the ball. Neither is Yao, really.

Incidentally, given that we got No[vak] in the Mo trade, one could add to your sig:

No mo' Mo - Mofo No' fo' Mo.

13. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

Rockets take it 103-91.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, I think you are right on Hayes. Although he is still holding his own defensively, I don't think the boards are gonna be there unless he is playing alongside another rebounder that can draw away some attention. I think he is much better served playing alongside Yao, who boxes out and teams have to get a man on him. They'd rather give Hayes the board than Yao the board and dunk. However, with the thought that we need a shooter at the 4, it looks like Hayes is stuck running out there at center with 4 smaller shooter type players.

I really wished JVG would come out with some offensive sets with Yao up in the high block, Hayes down low, and 3 shooters McGrady, Battier/Novak, and Rafer/Head. I think that would be a very effective unit. 111 plus 2 other shooters and Hayes raising havoc on the glass. That would be a unit that would be designed to break the back of teams that front Yao. If Yao gets back basket position on them, the shooter throws the shot and either hits it or you've got Yao and Hayes with the putback.

15. rocketsmetalspd

I know the game will on free preview for NBA League Pass but will be also be on NBA Broadband??

16. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

The opener is always hard, especially not at home. Last Year Utah beated Dallas in the opening game and Dallas reached the finals. So don't lose hope anytime.

17. kid__

kid__ Member

Hi,
    Can anyone make a thread about tv schedule of rockets games. There was someone who was doing this during last season. Can it be practiced in this season?
    chris_rockets wrote that this will be showed on cctv5. A have to add that i am using tv ants or pplive, streaming tv.
    THX

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this will be a win. a tough win against a very good rebounding team, but a win.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Many of you are underestimating Utah; they have always given the Rockets problems. Sloan is one of the league's best coaches, and they have a serious homecourt advantage. This will be a tough game, difficult to win. I rate it a toss up.

20. indahizouse

indahizouse Member

ITS GAME TIME!!

Big win today agains the Jazz.. get some good momentum for Saturday and then whoop som Mav ass...

:D